You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-23 18:20:12

Lord_Bad

Issues with gnome-power-manager

I'm running the latest version of GNOME - 2.18. Recently I've been having some issues with gnome-power-manager. More specifically - it doesn't work at all... When I try to start it I get no error message, no log entry in /var/log/messages, no nothing. It used to work fine. I'm not certain whether the problem is related to the recent apci modularization, but I doubt that this is the cause of the problem because I have added all the relevant modules to /etc/rc.conf. Without the power manager my monitor never goes to sleep, only the screensaver activates, and that is quite annoying... So does anyone have any ideas?

#2 2007-04-23 19:54:09

vitalstatistix

Re: Issues with gnome-power-manager

Your not the only one,

It seems to be erratic. I don't know if it's a hal issue, a gpm issue or a dbus issue. Try running it from the console as:

gnome-power-manager --no-daemon --verbose

Look at the log for any errors/warnings. The icon problem seems to have disappeared since the last upgrade.

Last edited by vitalstatistix (2007-04-23 19:55:39)

#3 2007-04-23 20:41:03

Lord_Bad

Re: Issues with gnome-power-manager

I ran it that way and for me it turned out that the problem was that hal was not running. I didn't know that gpm depended on hal at all and I don't understand how it worked before without hal, but it seems to be ok now. Thank you very much.

Board footer