You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-26 20:52:59

slackhack

mplayer plugin problems

anyone having issues with mplayer plugin? seems to be mostly audio files. sometimes the file will play, but there aren't any controls showing up in the browser, it's just a blank browser page with "Done," etc. in the corner. other times, like with audio files on putfile.com, the little "control panel" thing is just grayed out and there's no audio or any way to start it. amazon.com windows media audio clips won't load, it's just the blank window. most video seems unaffected.

at first i thought it was just server based problems, so i didn't pay too much attention since most other stuff seems to work. so i can't pinpoint exactly when it started, although it seems to have been maybe a couple of weeks ago. i've looked through all my settings, both in /etc/mplayerplug-in.conf and ~/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf, and can't find what's wrong.

it happens in firefox (swiftfox, actually), epiphany, konqueror, and opera. konqueror gives the crash dialog and an error that says:
KCrash: Application 'nspluginviewer' crashing...

opera says:
opera: Plug-in 2537 is not responding. It will be closed.
opera: Define environment variable OPERA_KEEP_BLOCKED_PLUGIN to keep blocked plug-ins.

?

Last edited by slackhack (2007-04-26 20:53:45)

#2 2007-04-26 21:42:43

junglepeanut
Website

Re: mplayer plugin problems

I use mediaconnectivity for firefox, if I use mplayer for audio or video it works fine. But audio does have no controls in fact mplayer itself is no where, it runs in the background to stop it I pkill. If I choose gmplayer or kmplayer or smplayer etc. it works fine also but you get all the controls. I acually like the mplayer version best it is simple for listening to radio stations. Also if I use mplayer outside of a browser window but used it by clicking on the link in a browser I have no controls either. This is so nice I really like this feature as I rarely use the mouse for mplayer.

Board footer