You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-17 17:52:01

Lontronics

[SOLVED] Pacman 3.0: error: invalid name for database entry 'current'

Every day I do pacman -Syu to update my system, using the latest pacman (V3.0 unstable).

Today I got the message: error: invalid name for database entry 'current'

Here is the message:

[root@PC1 jan]# pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 current is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
error: invalid name for database entry 'current'
 local database is up to date
[root@PC1 jan]#

Any idea?

Last edited by Lontronics (2007-05-04 20:54:37)

#2 2007-04-18 01:26:19

toofishes
Developer
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Pacman 3.0: error: invalid name for database entry 'current'

First off, version 3.0 unstable? What the heck is that? We have released v3.0.0 and v3.0.1 so far to the testing repo, so I am guessing it is one of those. Please run pacman --version and find this out.

Try deleting /var/lib/pacman/current/ and running pacman -Syu after that. (Do NOT delete /var/lib/pacman/local/.)

#3 2007-04-18 18:04:59

Lontronics

[root@PC1 jan]# pacman --version

.--.                  Pacman v3.0.0 - libalpm v1.0.0
/ _.-' .-.  .-.  .-.   Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Judd Vinet <jvinet@zeroflux.org>
\  '-. '-'  '-'  '-'
'--'                 
                       This program may be freely redistributed under
                       the terms of the GNU General Public License

I already did that (without removing local ofcourse, I am not that stupid... tongue) and now I get:

[root@PC1 jan]# pacman -Syu
current is up to date
extra                    282.8K  206.9K/s 00:00:01 [#####################] 100%
community                170.0K  197.1K/s 00:00:01 [#####################] 100%
error: invalid name for database entry 'local'

Edit:
just updated to V3.01 and did a system upgrade again.
Message is still there ofcourse because /var/lib/pacman/local did not change.

Last edited by Lontronics (2007-04-18 18:24:27)

#4 2007-04-23 19:30:08

Lontronics

Still no ideas?
Problem moved to local now.... sad :

warning: opera: local (9.20-2) is newer than extra (9.20-1)
resolving dependencies... done.
looking for inter-conflicts... done.

#5 2007-05-02 10:24:33

Lontronics

Thx for helping tongue

Have to live with it I guess.... hmm

#6 2007-05-02 15:48:06

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Can you post (maybe on http://pastebin.archlinux.org/) the full output when doing the above operation, but with --debug on the command line?

#7 2007-05-02 17:33:22

Lontronics

Okay, just did

pacman --debug -Syu > /data/tmp/output.txt

Here is the output:

debug: config: new section 'options'
debug: config: logfile: /var/log/pacman.log
debug: config: holdpkg: pacman
debug: config: holdpkg: glibc
debug: config: new section 'testing'
debug: registering database 'testing'
debug: opening database 'testing'
debug: opening database from path '/var/lib/pacman/testing/'
debug: config: including /etc/pacman.d/testing
debug: attempt to re-register the 'testing' database, using existing
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.archlinux.org', path '/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.nethat.com', path '/pub/linux/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'locke.suu.edu', path '/linux/dist/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu', path '/pub/linux/distributions/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'mirror.cs.vt.edu', path '/pub/ArchLinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'http', server 'mirrors.easynews.com', path '/linux/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.ibiblio.org', path '/pub/linux/distributions/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'gd.tuwien.ac.at', path '/opsys/linux/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.belnet.be', path '/packages/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.sh.cvut.cz', path '/MIRRORS/arch/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.estpak.ee', path '/pub/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.sixnix.net', path '/pub/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.rez-gif.supelec.fr', path '/pub/Linux/distrib/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'mir1.archlinuxfr.org', path '/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'mir2.archlinuxfr.org', path '/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr', path '/pub/linux/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.tu-chemnitz.de', path '/pub/linux/sunsite.unc-mirror/distributions/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.hosteurope.de', path '/mirror/ftp.archlinux.org/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.archlinuxppc.org', path '/i686/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'http', server 'ftp.parrswood.manchester.sch.uk', path '/Mirrors/ftp.archlinux.org/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.ntua.gr', path '/pub/linux/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.heanet.ie', path '/mirrors/ftp.archlinux.org/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'mi.mirror.garr.it', path '/mirrors/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'saule.mintis.lt', path '/pub/linux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.nluug.nl', path '/pub/metalab/distributions/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.surfnet.nl', path '/pub/os/Linux/distr/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'mirror.djzradio.net', path '/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'sunsite.icm.edu.pl', path '/site/linux-sunsite/distributions/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'mirror.icis.pcz.pl', path '/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'gul.est.ips.pt', path '/repos/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'cesium.di.uminho.pt', path '/pub/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'darkstar.ist.utl.pt', path '/pub/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.iasi.roedu.net', path '/mirrors/archlinux.org/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'http', server 'archlinux.freeside.ru', path '/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.ds.hj.se', path '/pub/os/linux/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.gigabit.nu', path '/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'archlinux.puzzle.ch', path '/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.linux.org.tr', path '/pub/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.linux.kiev.ua', path '/pub/Linux/ArchLinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'testing': protocol 'ftp', server 'mirror.pacific.net.au', path '/linux/archlinux/testing/os/i686'
debug: config: new section 'current'
debug: registering database 'current'
debug: opening database 'current'
debug: opening database from path '/var/lib/pacman/current/'
debug: config: including /etc/pacman.d/current
debug: attempt to re-register the 'current' database, using existing
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'http', server 'ftp.parrswood.manchester.sch.uk', path '/Mirrors/ftp.archlinux.org/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.nluug.nl', path '/pub/metalab/distributions/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'mir1.archlinuxfr.org', path '/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'mir2.archlinuxfr.org', path '/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'archlinux.puzzle.ch', path '/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.belnet.be', path '/packages/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.gigabit.nu', path '/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'mirror.icis.pcz.pl', path '/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.sixnix.net', path '/pub/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'mi.mirror.garr.it', path '/mirrors/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.ds.hj.se', path '/pub/os/linux/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'darkstar.ist.utl.pt', path '/pub/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'cesium.di.uminho.pt', path '/pub/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'http', server 'archlinux.freeside.ru', path '/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.tu-chemnitz.de', path '/pub/linux/sunsite.unc-mirror/distributions/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.hosteurope.de', path '/mirror/ftp.archlinux.org/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.linux.org.tr', path '/pub/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'gul.est.ips.pt', path '/repos/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.linux.kiev.ua', path '/pub/Linux/ArchLinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'saule.mintis.lt', path '/pub/linux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'sunsite.icm.edu.pl', path '/site/linux-sunsite/distributions/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.heanet.ie', path '/mirrors/ftp.archlinux.org/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.nethat.com', path '/pub/linux/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.ntua.gr', path '/pub/linux/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.archlinux.org', path '/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.ibiblio.org', path '/pub/linux/distributions/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr', path '/pub/linux/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'mirror.pacific.net.au', path '/linux/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.estpak.ee', path '/pub/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'gd.tuwien.ac.at', path '/opsys/linux/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.sh.cvut.cz', path '/MIRRORS/arch/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.iasi.roedu.net', path '/mirrors/archlinux.org/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu', path '/pub/linux/distributions/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'mirror.cs.vt.edu', path '/pub/ArchLinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'mirror.djzradio.net', path '/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'current': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.rez-gif.supelec.fr', path '/pub/Linux/distrib/archlinux/current/os/i686'
debug: config: new section 'extra'
debug: registering database 'extra'
debug: opening database 'extra'
debug: opening database from path '/var/lib/pacman/extra/'
debug: config: including /etc/pacman.d/extra
debug: attempt to re-register the 'extra' database, using existing
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'mir1.archlinuxfr.org', path '/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'archlinux.puzzle.ch', path '/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'mirror.icis.pcz.pl', path '/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.nluug.nl', path '/pub/metalab/distributions/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.belnet.be', path '/packages/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.sixnix.net', path '/pub/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.surfnet.nl', path '/pub/os/Linux/distr/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'http', server 'ftp.parrswood.manchester.sch.uk', path '/Mirrors/ftp.archlinux.org/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.hosteurope.de', path '/mirror/ftp.archlinux.org/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.gigabit.nu', path '/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'mi.mirror.garr.it', path '/mirrors/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'http', server 'archlinux.freeside.ru', path '/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'darkstar.ist.utl.pt', path '/pub/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.linux.org.tr', path '/pub/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.ds.hj.se', path '/pub/os/linux/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'cesium.di.uminho.pt', path '/pub/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'gul.est.ips.pt', path '/repos/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.tu-chemnitz.de', path '/pub/linux/sunsite.unc-mirror/distributions/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'saule.mintis.lt', path '/pub/linux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.nethat.com', path '/pub/linux/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.linux.kiev.ua', path '/pub/Linux/ArchLinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.ntua.gr', path '/pub/linux/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr', path '/pub/linux/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.archlinux.org', path '/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.ibiblio.org', path '/pub/linux/distributions/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.heanet.ie', path '/mirrors/ftp.archlinux.org/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.estpak.ee', path '/pub/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'gd.tuwien.ac.at', path '/opsys/linux/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'sunsite.icm.edu.pl', path '/site/linux-sunsite/distributions/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'mirror.pacific.net.au', path '/linux/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.iasi.roedu.net', path '/mirrors/archlinux.org/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.sh.cvut.cz', path '/MIRRORS/arch/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'mirror.djzradio.net', path '/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.rez-gif.supelec.fr', path '/pub/Linux/distrib/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu', path '/pub/linux/distributions/archlinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'extra': protocol 'ftp', server 'mirror.cs.vt.edu', path '/pub/ArchLinux/extra/os/i686'
debug: config: new section 'community'
debug: registering database 'community'
debug: opening database 'community'
debug: opening database from path '/var/lib/pacman/community/'
debug: config: including /etc/pacman.d/community
debug: attempt to re-register the 'community' database, using existing
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'mir2.archlinuxfr.org', path '/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'mir1.archlinuxfr.org', path '/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'archlinux.puzzle.ch', path '/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.nluug.nl', path '/pub/metalab/distributions/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.belnet.be', path '/packages/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'http', server 'ftp.parrswood.manchester.sch.uk', path '/Mirrors/ftp.archlinux.org/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.hosteurope.de', path '/mirror/ftp.archlinux.org/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'mirror.icis.pcz.pl', path '/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.sixnix.net', path '/pub/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.gigabit.nu', path '/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.ds.hj.se', path '/pub/os/linux/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.linux.org.tr', path '/pub/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.tu-chemnitz.de', path '/pub/linux/sunsite.unc-mirror/distributions/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'darkstar.ist.utl.pt', path '/pub/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'cesium.di.uminho.pt', path '/pub/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr', path '/pub/linux/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'http', server 'archlinux.freeside.ru', path '/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'gul.est.ips.pt', path '/repos/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.nethat.com', path '/pub/linux/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'mi.mirror.garr.it', path '/mirrors/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.linux.kiev.ua', path '/pub/Linux/ArchLinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.archlinux.org', path '/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.ntua.gr', path '/pub/linux/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.ibiblio.org', path '/pub/linux/distributions/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.sh.cvut.cz', path '/MIRRORS/arch/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.heanet.ie', path '/mirrors/ftp.archlinux.org/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.estpak.ee', path '/pub/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'sunsite.icm.edu.pl', path '/site/linux-sunsite/distributions/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'gd.tuwien.ac.at', path '/opsys/linux/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.iasi.roedu.net', path '/mirrors/archlinux.org/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'mirror.pacific.net.au', path '/linux/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp.rez-gif.supelec.fr', path '/pub/Linux/distrib/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'saule.mintis.lt', path '/pub/linux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu', path '/pub/linux/distributions/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'mirror.djzradio.net', path '/archlinux/community/os/i686'
debug: adding new server to database 'community': protocol 'ftp', server 'mirror.cs.vt.edu', path '/pub/ArchLinux/community/os/i686'
debug: registering database 'local'
debug: opening database 'local'
debug: opening database from path '/var/lib/pacman/local/'
debug: logaction called: synchronizing package lists
debug: using 'testing.db.tar.gz' for download progress
debug: connected to ftp.archlinux.org successfully
debug: mtimes are identical, skipping testing.db.tar.gz
 testing is up to date
debug: using 'current.db.tar.gz' for download progress
debug: connected to ftp.parrswood.manchester.sch.uk successfully
debug: mtimes are identical, skipping current.db.tar.gz
 current is up to date
debug: using 'extra.db.tar.gz' for download progress
debug: connected to mir1.archlinuxfr.org successfully
debug: mtimes are identical, skipping extra.db.tar.gz
 extra is up to date
debug: using 'community.db.tar.gz' for download progress
debug: connected to mir2.archlinuxfr.org successfully
debug: mtimes are identical, skipping community.db.tar.gz
 community is up to date
debug: logaction called: starting full system upgrade
debug: checking for package replacements
debug: loading package cache for repository 'testing'
debug: loading package cache for repository 'local'
debug: loading package cache for repository 'current'
debug: loading package cache for repository 'extra'
debug: loading package cache for repository 'community'
debug: checking for package upgrades
warning: opera: local (9.20-2) is newer than extra (9.20-1)
 local database is up to date
debug: unregistering database 'local'
debug: freeing package cache for repository 'local'
debug: closing database 'local'
debug: removing DB testing, 4 remaining...
debug: unregistering database 'testing'
debug: freeing package cache for repository 'testing'
debug: closing database 'testing'
debug: removing DB current, 3 remaining...
debug: unregistering database 'current'
debug: freeing package cache for repository 'current'
debug: closing database 'current'
debug: removing DB extra, 2 remaining...
debug: unregistering database 'extra'
debug: freeing package cache for repository 'extra'
debug: closing database 'extra'
debug: removing DB community, 1 remaining...
debug: unregistering database 'community'
debug: freeing package cache for repository 'community'
debug: closing database 'community'

No more information unfortunately....
Only

debug: loading package cache for repository 'local'

#8 2007-05-02 17:47:13

byte

Post your /etc/pacman.conf

#9 2007-05-02 17:51:20

Lontronics

#
# /etc/pacman.conf
#
# See the pacman manpage for option directives

#
# GENERAL OPTIONS
#
[options]
LogFile     = /var/log/pacman.log
HoldPkg     = pacman glibc
#XferCommand = /usr/bin/wget --passive-ftp -c -O %o %u

#
# REPOSITORIES
#   - can be defined here or included from another file
#   - pacman will search repositories in the order defined here
#   - local/custom mirrors can be added here or in separate files
#   - repositories listed first will take precedence when packages
#     have identical names, regardless of version number
#
[testing]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/testing

[current]
# Add your preferred servers here, they will be used first
Include = /etc/pacman.d/current

[extra]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/extra

[community]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/community

#[unstable]
#Include = /etc/pacman.d/unstable

# An example of a custom package repository.  See the pacman manpage for
# tips on creating your own repositories.
#[custom]
#Server = file:///home/custompkgs

#10 2007-05-04 20:53:45

Lontronics

Solved it myself this evening.

Jan.

#11 2007-05-04 21:18:21

stonecrest

Perhaps you could, oh I don't know, mention how you solved it? So that the pacman devs are aware, or people who stumble upon this thread in the future know?

I am a gated community.

#12 2007-05-04 22:00:39

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

stonecrest wrote:

Perhaps you could, oh I don't know, mention how you solved it? So that the pacman devs are aware, or people who stumble upon this thread in the future know?

That's so crazy, it just might work!

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#13 2007-05-05 04:16:45

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

The error itself indicates that there is a directory in the database that doesn't fit the format "pkgname-pkgver"
In this case, I'd guess /var/lib/pacman/local/local existed

#14 2007-05-05 09:12:54

Lontronics

Thanks for giving that hint phrakture roll

How they came there I do not know, but I had indeed a /community /current /extra /local and /testing directory in my /local directory which were ofcourse empty. Probably some kind of glitch in one of the first 3.0 pacman's ???

After one month of asking, looking and searching I finally found it....

Jan

Last edited by Lontronics (2007-05-05 09:14:09)

#15 2007-05-05 12:12:38

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Yay big_smile

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#16 2007-05-07 15:49:36

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Lontronics wrote:

Thanks for giving that hint phrakture roll

How they came there I do not know, but I had indeed a /community /current /extra /local and /testing directory in my /local directory which were ofcourse empty. Probably some kind of glitch in one of the first 3.0 pacman's ???

After one month of asking, looking and searching I finally found it....

Jan

Out of curiosity, did you tar your databases before installing pacman3?

#17 2007-05-12 10:26:00

Cotton

I have a similar but different problem.  (Note I did not install any of the test versions of pacman but did run "pacman -Sy pacman" prior to the first pacman 3 system upgrade):

pacman -Syu
:: Synchronising package databases...
current is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
error: invalid name for database entry '-'

My pacman.conf:

# REPOSITORIES
#   - can be defined here or included from another file
#   - pacman will search repositories in the order defined here.
#   - local/custom mirrors can be added here or in separate files
#

#[testing]
#Server = ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/testing/os/i686

[current]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/current

[extra]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/extra

#[unstable]
#Include = /etc/pacman.d/unstable

[community]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/community

And output from pacman -Syu --debug is here.

#18 2007-05-13 00:12:03

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

The 'invalid name for database entry' error means you have a directory in /var/lib/pacman/*/ named '-'
Try the following:

find /var/lib/pacman -type d -name '\-'

and see what it gives you

#19 2007-05-13 00:48:35

Cotton

Yep, you're right.

find /var/lib/pacman -type d -name '\-' gives /var/lib/pacman/local/-

and ls -ot /var/lib/pacman/local/-

gives

total 8
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  103 2006-12-03 17:28 depends
drwxr-xr-x 2 root 4096 2005-10-31 00:13 files
-rw-r--r-- 1 root    0 2005-10-22 14:31 desc

Presumably this directory be safely deleted?

#20 2007-05-13 03:58:08

toofishes
Developer
Website

Interesting. You may want to look at those files and see where they are supposed to be. Not sure how they ended up in a dir named '-'.

#21 2007-05-13 14:11:19

Cotton

The real pain of this is that it doesn't look like is recognising recent additions, eg installing wget:

pacman -Sf wget
resolving dependencies... done.
looking for inter-conflicts... done.

Targets: openssl-0.9.8e-3  wget-1.10.2-2 

Total Package Size:   2.55 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
checking package integrity... done.
cleaning up... done.
(1/2) installing openssl                            [#####################] 100%
(2/2) installing wget                               [#####################] 100%

then:

pacman -Q wget
error: package "wget" not found

yet:

wget -V
GNU Wget 1.10.2

This is a nuisance when installing new packages as it fails the dependency checks, despite the apps being installed.  Yet some apps are recognised, eg:

pacman -Q kdelibs gwenview
kdelibs 3.5.6-8
gwenview 1.4.1-4

Any ideas?  Where should I look?

#22 2007-05-13 16:29:19

stonecrest

Maybe it'll work if you go ahead and delete that dir?

I am a gated community.

#23 2007-05-13 18:04:04

Cotton

Renaming the "-" directory didn't change anything but moving it out of the local directory eliminated the error and packages are now recognised by pacman -Q xxx.

No ill effects observed.

Board footer