You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-12 17:46:23

mulander

Fluxwall - wallpaper switcher for fluxbox

Hi all.
First of all I would like to say hello as this is my first post.
I recently switched to Arch from Gentoo, and so far I consider it a good decision.

I would like to share with a script I wrote a long time ago for a friend.
He found it useful so maybe someone else will also smile

Link: http://tartar.ath.cx/~mulander/fluxwall-v1.6.tar.gz

How it works:
1. The script adds 2 entries to your fluxbox menu. Wallpapers and Refresh Wallpapers
2. When you hit refresh wallpapers it will scan the folder you setup before installation (yes it requires to edit the source but it's one line, and the install script should point to it ), and populates the Wallpapers submenu with the file structure.
3. When you select a wallpaper from the Wallpapers menu, it will be set as your background wallpaper.

The script uses fbsetbg to set the wallpaper.

Please note that this script was written a long time ago, so the code is not elegant.
The installers were a quick addition because the primary user of this script was new to Linux, installation can be performed manually, it requires only a few copy commands and one or two file edits wink
The code is no longer maintained for the current time, but this could change in the future wink

Currently I am working also on the mget script -> http://movie-get.org
And I believe it also got itself an AUR package (one more reason to love Arch wink )

I would love to get some feedback on both scripts. Please be gentle wink

PS.
Sorry for any errors in my typing as English is not my native language.

#2 2007-05-20 17:24:32

s26c.sayan
Website

Re: Fluxwall - wallpaper switcher for fluxbox

Hmmm....nice!!
I might have even incorporated it into March Linux (my pet project of Arch Linux + Fluxbox) big_smile, hadn't there been the wonderful GUI of NITROGEN!!! big_smile

March Linux : An Arch Linux "distrolet" that I am trying to develop (March = My Arch!)
Please take a look......:)

Board footer