You are not logged in.

#1 2004-05-03 17:52:16

murkus

No package in ftp.archlinux.org/extra

In the front page there is news that latest thunderbird version is arrived! :-D

when I run pacman -Sy mozilla-thunderbird pacman won't find the 0.6-1 package. I changed the extra to point to ftp.archlinux.org/extra with no luck.

Shouldn't the package be there if it is advertized on the front page?

.murkus

ps. I could of course wait till tomorrow, but I'm anxious to run latest and greatest.. wink

EDIT ok, now it's there. I guess announce just was 30s before in the frontpage than the package in the server..  :oops:

#2 2004-05-03 18:41:46

mcubednyc

Re: No package in ftp.archlinux.org/extra

It could be that the mirror you were checking didn't have it yet.  I think Xentac mentioned that point somewhere (though it could've been one of the other TUs).  I'm not sure how long, on average, it takes the mirrors to update.  The package probably was "there" when it was noted on the front page, it just wasn't necessarily "everywhere" yet.  smile

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - S. Jackson

#3 2004-05-03 18:56:06

murkus

mcubednyc wrote:

The package probably was "there" when it was noted on the front page, it just wasn't necessarily "everywhere" yet.  smile

Yes, I understand it takes time to update all the servers, how ever, I thought ftp.archlinux.org would be the first to have the packages.

Well, I guess this whining is pointless as usually arch is so fast to get the lastest and greatest.. :-D

.murkus

#4 2004-05-03 19:50:17

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

ftp.archlinux.org is a mirror that updates every hour.  So, if you see something on the frontpage, you may have to wait up to and hour to get it from ftp.archlinux.org.

On a side note, the TURs are every 4 hours, I believe.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

Board footer