You are not logged in.

#76 2004-11-24 21:22:20

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Re: KPacman 0.2

sarah31 wrote:

but there seems to be no takers to this concept so this is the last time i will put it out there.

I totally agree with it, but I've got more important things to do with my coding skills. Just wait until I release a 3D interface to pacman!

Seriously, I think people are holding off on starting a dedicated GUI project because they are waiting until the libraryized pacman backend is finished. For now, the coders are just playing around to get a feel for stuff and to make themselves feel important (that's a big reason for coding).

One other point, I've been in vehement opposition to a GUI pacman, but I changed my mind. Arch is so easy to use, I can set it up on somebody's computer and know nothing will go wrong. However, as soon as they want to install some software, they're lost. A *good* gui installer would allow me to put Arch on these computers more readily; as it is I sometimes choose mandrake which.... well, it doesn't always give Linux a good name.

Dusty

#77 2004-11-24 22:31:14

punkrockguy318
Website

Two things:
A)  Quanta is now under kdewebdev, so fix that dependency
B)  There is already a project called kpacman out there, that is an actual pacman game. 

I would take a closer look, but kdewebdev has too many dependencies for my taste.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#78 2006-11-15 11:21:48

imachine
Website

so, no further development done? i'd really like to deploy arch in areas such as beginners places, due to it's robustness and speed, but without a graphical package manager it might be somewhat difficult for people unfamiliar with finux in general - a frontend to kde would be great, not necesarily written in java too ;-)

i;d hate to be forced to use, nonethelss slower and a bit messier, *buntu on these boxes. after all, i'm supposed to show a better product here 8)

cheers,

//matt

ps. oh yes, and i'd suggest changing the project name's to kacman or kapman or the like, since like the person before me mentioned, there already is a pacman game named kpacman.

a nail that sticks out, is hammered down.
aha.

#79 2007-05-22 19:56:29

s26c.sayan
Website

so, no further development done?

Doesn't seem so! tongue

However, I'v created my own Kommander based wrapper for pacman.
Here is PacKommander : http://www.esnips.com/nsdoc/863fc34f-0b … 6a11c6c7de
Screenshots : http://www.flickr.com/photos/sayanriju/ … 512052322/

It is certainly not what Synaptic is for apt-get, yet! (After all, I'v seen Kommander for the first time just yesterday ! big_smile)

March Linux : An Arch Linux "distrolet" that I am trying to develop (March = My Arch!)
Please take a look......:)

Board footer