You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-24 00:17:49

ould

Newbie question, how to remove AUR packages.

Hi all,

I just installed Arch over the weekend and managed to get this far without a newbie questions so I think I am doing alright. I managed to get everything up and running using Xfce as a base. Lovin it so far.

On to the newb question. I have been installing a few apps from the AUR, monkeymessenger and emesene as examples. I am trying out different MSN clients to see if I liked anything better then AMSN which is my usual. However I don't like monkeymessenger or emesene in their present states so I want to remove them and their depencies but I can't seem to figure out how to do it and I haven't come across anything on the forum or the wiki. so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

#2 2007-05-24 00:20:10

gbrunoro

Re: Newbie question, how to remove AUR packages.

The same way you remove others with pacman, as it's a normal package

pacman -R $pkgname

wink

#3 2007-05-24 00:29:37

ould

gbrunoro wrote:

The same way you remove others with pacman, as it's a normal package

pacman -R $pkgname

wink

Doh! I feel like an ass. I did actually try that but I didn't put in the correct package name so I figured I wasn't doing something right. Once I figured out the right name I was GTG, worked like a charm. Thanks!!

Kevin

#4 2007-05-24 01:22:45

dolby

i recommend u read man pacman. -R has been proven to be pretty worthless on its own

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#5 2007-05-24 03:00:19

ould

dolby wrote:

i recommend u read man pacman. -R has been proven to be pretty worthless on its own

Thanks! I will do that.

Kevin

Board footer