You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-17 20:57:33

mildred
Website

Where is the GNUStep repository ?

Hi,

I want to install the latest version of etoile on my computer but I need the latest versions of the GNUStep libraries (that is the devloppemnt versions). I saw that there were an ArchLinux repository but the server seems unavaible.
So, I wonder is the repository moved or simply disapeared ... and what happened to the PKGBUILDs ? I don't really care about compiling GNUStep myself but I don't really want to recreate the PKGBUILDs if they already exists, partly because it takes time (to compile, fox and recompile ...) and these times I don't have much time.

Thanks.

#2 2007-04-17 21:15:48

smoon
Website

Re: Where is the GNUStep repository ?

There are packages for GNUstep in community.

#3 2007-04-18 06:04:28

mucknert

I guess the best and easiest approach would be to ask the maintainer of the Repo. Perhaps that Guy does not even maintain those packages anymore. If he does, someone should ask him to host at a better place.

Todays mistakes are tomorrows catastrophes.

#4 2007-04-20 15:43:39

johnisevil
Website

mildred wrote:

Hi,

I want to install the latest version of etoile on my computer but I need the latest versions of the GNUStep libraries (that is the devloppemnt versions). I saw that there were an ArchLinux repository but the server seems unavaible.
So, I wonder is the repository moved or simply disapeared ... and what happened to the PKGBUILDs ? I don't really care about compiling GNUStep myself but I don't really want to recreate the PKGBUILDs if they already exists, partly because it takes time (to compile, fox and recompile ...) and these times I don't have much time.

Thanks.

I've gotten Etoile running fine.  What I needed to do was create updated PKGBUILDs of the core GNUstep packages.  There are a few other dependencies you'll need for Etoile that I've written PKGBUILDs for which you can find in AUR.  You'll need onig, performance and sqlclient.  I've created a PKGBUILD for Etoile itself but since it's not too useful yet and still considered unstable, I recommend installing and running it locally for your user only.  Also, here's a screenshot of it showing that it does work in Arch: http://avarice.oneeightseven.org/images … inarch.png

#5 2007-05-31 17:31:06

capkanada

johnisevil wrote:
mildred wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

I've gotten Etoile running fine.  What I needed to do was create updated PKGBUILDs of the core GNUstep packages.  There are a few other dependencies you'll need for Etoile that I've written PKGBUILDs for which you can find in AUR.  You'll need onig, performance and sqlclient.  I've created a PKGBUILD for Etoile itself but since it's not too useful yet and still considered unstable, I recommend installing and running it locally for your user only.  Also, here's a screenshot of it showing that it does work in Arch: http://avarice.oneeightseven.org/images … inarch.png

So... this PKGBUILD, think you might be able to link it?  I'd really like to give etoile a shot, but haven't had much luck compiling it.  hmm

Thanks,
aJ0

Board footer