You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-01 00:27:06

skottish
Forum Fellow

bbs.archlinux.orgs formatting gone in Konqueror [Solved]

I hope this is the right place to post this. This morning I opened the forum in Konqueror and everything was normal. Then after a few minutes all the formatting went away, and it was replaced by basic HTML. I switched over to Firefox and everything is normal. For those of you that experienced the recent GMail problems with Konqueror before it was patched have seem this. I don't even need to post a screen shot to give you the idea of what's happening:

Arch Linux Forums
Discussion forums for Arch Linux, an i686-optimized linux distribution.
Get Arch
AUR
Bugs
Wiki
Forums
Home
Index
User list
Search
Logout
Logged in as skottish
Index
 » Forum, Wiki & AUR Discussion

This is the basic layout, except links are what one would expect, and there are bullets by "Get Arch", "AUR", etc. Any ideas?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Admittedly this was not the best place to post. But it turns out that deleting all of the files in KDE's temp cache, in this case /home/skottish/.kde/cache-localhost/http/b solved the problem. Also, it sped up browsing a bunch. Hmmm?????

Last edited by skottish (2007-06-01 03:15:38)

#2 2007-06-01 16:41:44

funkyou
Website

Re: bbs.archlinux.orgs formatting gone in Konqueror [Solved]

I also noticed that konqueror and opera get faster when i dont use the cache at all...

Dont know whats causing this

want a modular and tweaked KDE for arch? try kdemod

#3 2007-06-01 17:55:00

mitsoko
Banned

AFAIK if the cache is disabled, then it has to keep stuff in ram ... as opposed to loading it form the much slower disc ...

#4 2007-06-02 16:24:49

Snarkout

As a matter of course I have people on reasonably fast connections turn of their caches, not matter what browser.  Caching to disk tends to cause many more problems than it fixes.  Especially for some "web designers."

Last edited by Snarkout (2007-06-02 16:25:59)

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
-Albert Einstein

Board footer