You are not logged in.

#1 2004-05-02 17:18:44

kipper

how to build deps from sources only from /usr/abs/local

When using makepkg, I put the PKGBUILD into a subdirectory of /usr/abs/local/foo.  cd into foo and run makepkg after I've edited the PKGBUILD to my hearts content. 
I know we can tell makepkg to build all missing deps from source, but can we specify that makepkg uses our custom PKGBUILDS in /usr/abs/local/foo-dep to build the dependencies instead of /usr/abs/foo-dep ?

Hope my question makes sense. 

big_smile

#2 2004-05-04 15:59:21

kipper

Re: how to build deps from sources only from /usr/abs/local

*bump*

hmm...Either I was unclear on my question or nobody knows. smile
Here's an example.  I want to compile transcode from src.  One of the deps is avifile on which I want to disable the QT aspect, hence modify that PKGBUILD.  When I run makepkg on the transcode PKGBUILD, with the option to build all deps from src, do I leave my modified PKGBUILD for avifile  under /usr/abs/extra/multimedia/avifile or /usr/abs/local/avifile ?   :?:

#3 2004-05-04 16:03:58

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

The question makes sense, I don't know. smile

I would suspect you would have to put it under /usr/abs/extra/multimedia/avifile. I'm only guessing, but I think dependencies are probably resolved according to their initial group.

Try experimenting. smile

Dusty

#4 2004-05-04 16:43:47

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

If you read the makepkg code (it's really simple stuff), you'd find that it uses the find command to find where the package is.  If you remove the standard package in /var/abs/extra/multimedia/avifile, the only one it will find is the one in /var/abs/local/avifile.  If you leave it in there's a chance that it will find the other one first.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#5 2004-05-06 15:57:42

kipper

Thanks for the replies.  They confirmed what I thought about just deleting the original. big_smile

Board footer