You are not logged in.

#1 2004-05-06 21:26:08

jak

wrong md5sums

I'm using makeworld on the package list produced with the makelocal python script posted here in the forums. I'm through the P's now, and I see several failures due to bad MD5 sums:

coreutils build failed
cvsup build failed
dhcpcd build failed
freetype2 build failed
lilo build failed
net-tools build failed
pacman build failed

When I use md5sum against the downloaded tar.gz file, the output is clearly different from the md5sum given in the PKGBUILD file.

Any ideas why these would be wrong? Can makepkg ignore the md5sum test and continue anyway? Is that what the devs packaging these are doing?

The sturgeon general says don't smoke fish

#2 2004-05-06 21:37:57

dp
Website

Re: wrong md5sums

jak wrote:

Any ideas why these would be wrong?

is your ABS up to date?
are you building the actual versions or older ones?
did you manipulated the PKGBUILDs?

jak wrote:

Can makepkg ignore the md5sum test and continue anyway?

the only way to ignomre md5sums in PKGBUILD's i know, would be to hack makepkg or remove the sums out of the PKGUBUILD's - no

jak wrote:

Is that what the devs packaging these are doing?

i hope, that it is not the case :-) - these are not my pkgs, so i dont know - maybe they are right now in update-procedure or you sync-ed the abs-tree while they were in updating ... no idea

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#3 2004-05-07 08:09:01

jak

Re: wrong md5sums

dp wrote:

is your ABS up to date ... are you building the actual versions or older ones?

ABS is up to date, building actual versions.

Seems I got some bad tar.gz downloads. I deleted them from cache and let makepkg download them again, and this time I got smaller file sizes. Looks like there was some garbage on the end of some tar.gz files, but they're fine now. Maybe somewhere in between rebuilding and updating glibc, gcc, etc., things got out of whack. It all seems OK now. That's why I like to rebuild everything from source, to be sure everything's in sync.

I did have trouble building some packages against 2.6.5 kernel headers, but I patched them, or just changed to a different package, like syslog-ng. sysklogd is not well suited to 2.6.5 kernel headers. I think syslog-ng is probably better anyway.

The sturgeon general says don't smoke fish

Board footer