You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-07 12:35:06

linderox

KDE starts with terminal without any windows

I don't know whats happend,but one my user can't start normal KDE inerface,but he can start fluxbox
and others users has working KDE...

when i entering username and password in kdm it became starting kde with graphic terminal

what can i do?

#2 2007-06-07 15:33:51

emmybear

Re: KDE starts with terminal without any windows

It is might be an issue with your settings. Try doing:

mv .kderc kderc
mv .kde kde

Then try logging in again, and see if things start up okay. If so, you can either redo your settings or try to find where in the configuration files it is that something went amiss. Good luck. smile

#3 2007-06-08 06:21:37

linderox

Yes it works!!!
but with a default settings!
can i return my lats one?

whats happend with my KDE?

#4 2007-06-08 08:08:37

emmybear

linderox wrote:

Yes it works!!!
but with a default settings!
can i return my lats one?

whats happend with my KDE?

The settings got messed up. The files I had you move were the settings for KDE, and since they no longer existed where KDE could find them, all the settings reverted to default and KDE worked again. As I said, you can either set it all up again, or do your best to try to weed out the problem.

The problem is most likely with with the session settings, so perhaps you could try putting the old settings back(aka move the kde and kderc files in your home directory back to .kde and .kderc), and then doing `rm -r ~/.kde/share/config/session/` and trying to login again. If that does not work, and someone does not come around with an exact solution, you can just move or delete the files again and setup KDE again.

Board footer