You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-26 15:22:56

nGerrit

Gnome - Unlock Encrypted Device won't work

Hi,
i'm having some trouble with Gnome and encrypted usb-devices

I think it first occurred with the 2.18 update. Until then i was able to plug a (luks) encrypted usb-device in and gnome prompted a window (unlock encrypted device) where i could type in my password. It was automatically mounted and worked fine.

After the update to Gnome 2.18 the window  still popped up, but nothing else happened. i could type in my password as many times as i liked he did not mount or unlock the device.

I believe this is a bug. Has someone else experienced something like it?

Jan-Gerrit

Last edited by nGerrit (2007-05-11 19:34:31)

#2 2007-06-11 00:49:09

outerdark

Re: Gnome - Unlock Encrypted Device won't work

I second that ... doesn't work.

#3 2007-06-13 11:36:32

outerdark

Re: Gnome - Unlock Encrypted Device won't work

Really odd ... I plug in the device and gnome-mount is asking for my password. But after that he isn't able to mount the device....no error message shows up. If i typing a 'cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdd1 secret' in the terminal, gnome-mount suddenly is able to mount the device. I just have to type in this line nothing more. I take a look at 'mount' and I can see that gnome-mount not even mounted the device with the 'secret' node. No, device-mapper has created successfully a /dev/dm-0 link yet.
If i look at the udev output i can see gnome-mount try to mount with udi, asks for my password, and hangs with this exec.

Board footer