You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-15 01:19:37

heleos

My search for an openbox panel...

When I switched to openbox from fluxbox, I believe I started with fbpanel. It was ok, but not exactly what I was looking for. I tried lxpanel, and that was great, except for the small problem that all the taskbar items showed the same icon, so that wasn't going to do it for me. I almost considered installing perlpanel, but it has so many dependencies, I decided to skip it. I had tried pypanel in the past, but it always had strange behavior on my computer. My CPU would always be at 100%. I found an old pkgbuild for it, and modified it to the newest version, and installed it that way, and ta-da, it worked. Now I am down to my last problem.

lxpanel and fbpanel both had urgency hints, which I mainly use for pidgin messages. From what I've noticed, pypanel doesn't have this. It's a must for me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

#2 2007-06-15 11:22:45

smoon
Website

Re: My search for an openbox panel...

Maybe obpanel does what you want. Personally I did not test it yet, but it looks promising and comes from the developers of Openbox.

#3 2007-06-15 15:29:38

heleos

Re: My search for an openbox panel...

Awesome! Thank you, I'll be sure to check it out. Still looks fairly early in developement thought, which is good, cause I also want something that is fairly recent.

Board footer