You are not logged in.

#1 2004-05-08 16:22:55

Murac

Final Fantasy VIII on winex3

well, the install went smoothly but not when i go to play a "Play FFVIII" button on the taskbar shows up liek ti's working then after a few ticks it dissapears. i have also tried from the command prompt and it does'nt even do anything. just goes to the next prompt. i can open the chocobo.exe however which is a little game that gcame with it but then agian i can't open the config. steam seems to work fine so i aassume i installed it correctly. anyoen know what i can do to get ti runnign?

#2 2004-06-22 21:17:26

standsolid
Website

Re: Final Fantasy VIII on winex3

Murac wrote:

well, the install went smoothly but not when i go to play a "Play FFVIII" button on the taskbar shows up liek ti's working then after a few ticks it dissapears. i have also tried from the command prompt and it does'nt even do anything. just goes to the next prompt. i can open the chocobo.exe however which is a little game that gcame with it but then agian i can't open the config. steam seems to work fine so i aassume i installed it correctly. anyoen know what i can do to get ti runnign?

I did a little google-research and couldn't find anything on it.  It looks like because of the recent release of transgaming's "cedega (winex 4.0)" -- the games section on their page is all but gone.  they've gone to forums for support. you'll probably have more luck posting there.

http://transgaming.org/forum/

Note:  I have tried to get FFVII to work with no luck.  I know I want to play either on linux.

ewwwwww Arch is all gooey

#3 2004-06-23 07:23:32

robot5x

Re: Final Fantasy VIII on winex3

FFVII works flawlessly with epsxe...it's much better to use an emulator than anything those bloodsuckers transgaming can offer, in my opinion.

Board footer