You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-21 06:18:45

Tido

Problems with Democracy Player

I installed the Democracy Player from pacman but I get this error when I try to run it:

ImportError: libboost_python.so.1.33.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Google wasn't very clear about a solution.  Any ideas?

#2 2007-06-21 08:14:16

Tido

Re: Problems with Democracy Player

I tried building my own boost from abs, but that didn't work either.

#3 2007-06-23 23:01:46

Tido

bumping because I'm still clueless tongue

#4 2007-06-24 11:39:21

hybrid

Well I don't run democracy-player and because of a pacman bug I am not gonna install any software these days (so I can't test it for you) but apparantly democracy doesn't find that lib.
Possible reasons: file is not on your system at all, file is in a different path than democracy is looking for it. That could be (eg) because of a wrong or missing entry from boost in the ld.so.conf (I dunno if boost actually is supposed to write itself in there) or (probably more likely) that boost is installed in a different directory-prefix than democracy thinks it is (eg. boost is installed in /opt and democracy looks for it in /usr/local). An strace democracy would come in handy here.

Jeeze I really need to quit fucking talking (sry, girlfriends gone for a couple months, can't really concentrate right now smile):
1. do a 'find / -name libboost_python.so.*' to figure out wether and where you have that file
2.a do a 'strace democracy' (or whatever the executable of democracy is called) if you are a fast reader ( big_smile ) or a 'strace democracy > /tmp/democracy-strace.txt' and edit /tmp/democracy-strace.txt later on with your favourite editor
2.b look for where democracy tries to find the libboost_python.so.1.33.1
3. either rebuild boost with the prefix that democracy wants or create a symlink (or, if you know what you are doing I guess you could edit the ld.so.conf by hand (documentation on that once again only in the internet, arch stripped man 8 ld.so ... roooofl, wtf arch?))

Board footer