You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-21 14:47:37

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

Help with phpMyAdmin setup.php script

Hi all,
I am a newbie to Arch Linux even though I've been running Linux (-only) for more than a year. I have been mostly running Debian based distributions, so sometimes I feel a bit lost on Arch. So far I have been able to set everything up, from wireless to X server (by just reading the instructions, and some posts in the forum).
Now I am stuck with something that is not so distro-related, I was following this guide (http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LAMP) but I got stuck at the configuration script for phpMyAdmin.
In fact, when I go to the address http://localhost/phpMyAdmin/scripts/setup.php I can only see the PHP code, not the web page.
Now I am sure that Apache is running properly since my php test page runs just fine. So I cannot figure out why the setup.php page does not show correctly.

Could somebody please give me some hints?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks for your time.

Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

#2 2007-06-21 19:06:28

mitsoko
Banned

Re: Help with phpMyAdmin setup.php script

if other php files work correctly chances are that it's related to shot-tags being disabled by default in /etc/php.ini

<? < short-tag ; <?php < long/more correct tag

#3 2007-06-21 19:42:22

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

Thanks for your reply, however even enabling the short tags, the results are the same. Also, checking the setup.php file I have noticed that there are no short tags there. To be sure I have enabled them anyways and tried again, but had no results.
Thanks anyway.

Have you Syued today?

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

#4 2007-06-22 13:04:47

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

Well, today I tried again and the page *magically* showed up... probably I needed a reboot, but still it's too bad I don't know what the problem was.
Thanks for you help so far smile

Have you Syued today?

#5 2007-06-22 13:51:10

mitsoko
Banned

np .. i forgot one point though , you needed to restart the web server so the php module takes the new settings. this is the case fro all config changes to either teh websierver or a modules/addon wink

#6 2007-06-22 13:52:58

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

Yes, I knew that, and I have restarted both httpd and mysqld numerous times. Only the reboot seems to have solved the problem. Very curious.

Have you Syued today?

Board footer