You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-22 14:05:32

ravisghosh
Website

Rox filer-few issues

searching and selecting folders and files in rox:
In thunar and pcmamfm, you just type a few letters and folder/file starting with that letter/set of letters is selected and the cursur is moved there. U hit enter and u r into the directory or have executed the file. But in rox, one needs to enter "." (period), then hit back key to delete "." and then type the whole name of the folder/file to get it highlighted. Now, hitting enter will not take u into that folder or execute that file. U need to go to that file, select, it and then hit enter. Thats really cumbersome, isnt it.

trash can:
Is there anything like trash can that we have in thunar. If yes, then how can it be enabled. Trash is aso not available in pcmamfm.

file details
In thunar, i am able to see bit rate of an mp3 file in property section; however, neither rox nor pcmanfm can show that. Is ther something that i need to enable or install to make it show all the details.

memory usage
Although rox feels a little snapier, but memory wise (as seen on htop), rox, thunar, and pcmanfm all seem to use around 8 mb. Moreove, in pcmanfm, u always need to run fam and portmap which is additional burden on resources. In terms of memory, gentoo seems to be better with only 5 mb being used, but I've not explored it yet.

Any other suggestions about snapier and feature-rich file manager.

Last edited by ravisghosh (2007-06-22 14:05:54)

#2 2007-06-22 22:09:10

briest

Re: Rox filer-few issues

ravisghosh wrote:

searching and selecting folders and files in rox:
In thunar and pcmamfm, you just type a few letters and folder/file starting with that letter/set of letters is selected and the cursur is moved there. U hit enter and u r into the directory or have executed the file. But in rox, one needs to

..use 'Enter path' shortcut (/ by default, I believe), then

ravisghosh wrote:

just type a few letters and folder/file starting with that letter/set of letters is selected and the cursur is moved there. U hit enter and u r into the directory or have executed the file.

ravisghosh wrote:

trash can:
Is there anything like trash can that we have in thunar. If yes, then how can it be enabled. Trash is aso not available in pcmamfm.

A few, see Software Index on ROX's page.

Board footer