You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-25 20:29:44

thayer
Fellow
Website

Does powersaved and cpufreq-utils cancel each other out?

As the subject says, does the powersaved eliminate the need for the cpu governor provided by cpufreq-utils (cpufreq)?

I'm currently running powersaved and have configured it to govern my cpu's 'ondemand', however I don't see where I can set the min/max cpu speeds.  When I use the cpufreq daemon I can modify the min/max values in /etc/conf.d/cpufreq, but powersaved seems to ignore these settings. If there's a way I can set these for powersaved, it seems I can get rid of the cpufreq daemon all together.

Last edited by thayer.w (2007-06-25 20:30:03)

thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

#2 2007-06-25 20:56:01

hybrid

Re: Does powersaved and cpufreq-utils cancel each other out?

I dunno if things cancel each other out but if you use powersaved you do not need cpufrequtils running. It autodetects the steppings your cpu can handle, that's probably why you didn't find an entry where you can modify them. On startup powernow tells you the detected steppings.
I am a little surprised that you say it's not working the way you want it to. What happens, if you stop cpufrequtils (`/etc/rc.d/cpufreq stop') and then "restart" your powernow-daemon?

#3 2007-06-25 21:11:38

thayer
Fellow
Website

Re: Does powersaved and cpufreq-utils cancel each other out?

It's not that it isn't working (it's actually working great!) but I would like the ability to refine the minimum frequency from 250MHz to 500MHz or even 1GHz.

thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

Board footer