You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-27 00:11:18

MAC!EK

[Were solved before] Few installer bugs/errors

I've installed Arch from the newest 2007.05 Duke ISO. All works fine, but I run into two inconveniences.

1) When doing /arch/setup I was asked to choose an FTP mirror, I did that I chosen one of available mirrors. Later (don't know exactly where neutral ), but still in /arch/setup smile , I was asked if the previously selected mirror should be added to my pacman.conf in my new system.
I answered Yes, and ok...
After booting the new system, all worked fine, I wanted to install some pkgs.. but /etc/pacman.d/* is misconfigured.
The mirror I selected during install is on the end of every file in /etc/pacman.d/ but the line had no "Server = " before the link to the FTP repo.
When I added "Server = " at the beggining, in every file, pacman was able to sync databases.

2) Also running /arch/setup I configured the network, I've choosen eth0 and DHCP, some time later I was asked if I want to write the network settings to rc.conf, I answered Yes.

In rc.conf I had something like this:

eth0= "eth0  netmask   broadcast  "

Not only the IP's are missing (or the "dhcp" option should be rather placed there, because that was my configuration).
Also theres a blank space after "eth0=", and I'm quite sure that after including rc.conf in any bash script it will result int "eth0 command not found" error.

EDIT:
The second one is connected with the FS#7410
But there's only "- fixed! dhcp rc.conf entry" so I'm not sure, if it's all fixed.

Last edited by MAC!EK (2007-06-27 17:25:52)

#2 2007-06-27 11:26:41

Don-DiZzLe

Re: [Were solved before] Few installer bugs/errors

U might wanna try out this link:

ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/iso/2007.05-Linuxtag2007/

Most of the problems u mention have been resolved in the latest LinuxTag2007 version.

#3 2007-06-27 17:24:20

MAC!EK

Re: [Were solved before] Few installer bugs/errors

I think you're right smile
Why I haven't downloaded that new version? smile Hmm smile

Board footer