You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-05 12:49:40

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Array support for makepkg & pkgbuild

I was just wondering the other day... Pkgbuild/makepkg make one hell of a build system. There is one thing i'm missing though, which is the support for arrays. Take the amarok package for example (or the GNU compiler suite), which in essence are one package split up into many:

# $Id: PKGBUILD,v 1.43 2007/04/08 06:48:25 tpowa Exp $
# Maintainer: damir <damir@archlinux.org>

pkgname=(amarok-base amarok-engine-xine)
_origname=amarok
[...]

That way, you could have one pkgbuild build multiple related packages (since they come from the same source anyway), and also save a lot of time while building it smile.

Unfortunately my bash is a bit lacking, so I was wondering if someone could come up with a patch for this... I've read about previous efforts for this but none really seemed to work so far.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#2 2007-07-05 13:21:53

Cerebral
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Array support for makepkg & pkgbuild

afaik, full official support for "multiple-packages-from-one-PKGBUILD" is planned for pacman (makepkg), but I don't know if a design was ever agreed upon.  I'm sure they'd love to hear suggestions, however, and patches are always welcome.

#3 2007-07-05 16:06:44

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Array support for makepkg & pkgbuild

It's cool to hear the devs are open to it smile. I'll try to come up with something myself, who knows big_smile.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

Board footer