You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-02 07:08:53

pointybirds

.flac files won't play in mythmusic

Hi all,

I'm having trouble solving this one:  When I try to play a .flac file through mythmusic, it just skips straight to the next file in the list without playing it. If, for example, I have a whole album of .flac songs, the cursor just cycles repeatedly through the list at crazy speeds.

The metadata has obviously been imported ok, as all albums/artists are sorted nicely. In the millisecond where it tries to play a song I can see that it knows how long it is too, so there's some info that it can see.

Mp3s play successfully, and flac files play ok using mplayer and xine from the command line. I have no issues with video or tv playback, and all of my packages (mythtv, mythmusic, flac etc.) are up to date.  Output is set to ALSA:default and mixer is set to default.  The mythfrontend log don't show any errors that I can see.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm running out of hair.

cheers,

-pointy

#2 2007-07-07 15:04:14

ganlu

Re: .flac files won't play in mythmusic

Do yo have gstreamer0.10-flac installed?

#3 2007-07-10 05:57:46

pointybirds

ganlu:  I didn't, but I do now ... and unfortunately no difference. sad

Interestingly, compiling the source version of mythmusic runs into problems with versions of flac after 1.1.2 (different header files, looks like the stream encoder/decoder changed quite a bit) ... perhaps it's having issues with library calls and dying quietly.

Nobody else out there playing flac files on mythmusic?

#4 2007-07-10 19:57:15

Echo

Yep, I tried playing flac files a while back and they failed. Ended up converting the files to something else.

Board footer