You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-11 20:54:45

slackhack

web gui firefox question -- just curious

on my yahoo home page, i get this kind of menu interface on my desktop arch machine:
http://datalink.homelinux.com/~jeff/img … k-open.jpg

on my laptop, also arch, i get this clunky one where you have to click "go" afterward:
http://datalink.homelinux.com/~jeff/img … laptop.jpg

it's not a major issue obviously big_smile, but it's been bugging me for weeks -- i just can't find out what's controlling that. i thought it might be either some local gui/gtk2 package i'm missing, or some server-side php or java based thing that's not working on my laptop for some reason -- but it works in epiphany on my laptop! just not ff. i've tried turning off RIP (remove it permanently) and adblocking, but that diddn't help, and the other extensions are the same. anyone have any ideas? i'm stumped. hmm

#2 2007-07-11 21:31:08

n8schicht
Website

Re: web gui firefox question -- just curious

It's both times firefox, isn't it? Are you using KDE? May then it's some gtk-qt-thing. In that case I would compare the ~/.qt folder on both machines and maybe copy that one from the desktop-machine to the laptop.
Or is it Gnome? There should be some ~./gtk folders for you to compare...

#3 2007-07-12 02:14:43

Phrodo_00
Website

looks like it's being decided server side, being that the case, I'd advise you to check your browser's useragent.

#4 2007-07-12 11:32:39

slackhack

Phrodo_00 wrote:

looks like it's being decided server side, being that the case, I'd advise you to check your browser's useragent.

bingo. i changed it to IE and it worked. tongue

strange, because it was on "default" when it wasn't working (user agent switcher), then when i changed it back to default after IE, it still continues to work. browser detect scripts say it's ff on linux, so who knows what's really going on. thanks for fixing it though. cool

Board footer