You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-11 07:08:47

blum
Website

My KDE forgets the session after restart

Hello
When I restart my KDE it forgets the session, the started apps and all the passwords I have put in the KDEWallet during the session. Does anybody has the same problem and do you have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks

#2 2007-07-12 03:44:32

supersoundguy

Re: My KDE forgets the session after restart

If you go to Control Center -->KDE Components-->Session Manager, you can choose your session settings there. I don't know about the KDEWallet though. Hope that helps.

UNIX was not designed to stop its users from doing stupid things, as that would also stop them from doing clever things.
–Doug Gwyn

#3 2007-07-12 14:36:03

emmybear

Could be file permissions, or it could be a settings issue. Look around for settings for the two things, and if session saving is on and stuff like that, try the following.

chown yourUsername:yourGroup ~/.kde/ -R
chmod u+rw ~/.kde/ -R

Then reload KDE and attempt to use the mentioned features again. If checking settings and changing permissions does not work, then try running KDE via a virtual terminal so that you may look for error information if any is produced. Good luck. smile

#4 2007-07-13 13:24:54

blum
Website

chown yourUsername:yourGroup ~/.kde/ -R
chmod u+rw ~/.kde/ -R

I already tried this, but it didn't help.. I gues it's not about permissions. In the session manager everything seem OK too.
There is something disturbing in the terminal output:

kio: (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data

but i don't know how to operate on this..

Board footer