You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-13 19:54:08

Ramses de Norre

Screen and dbus

I have a little problem, I use openbox which I start through startx, openbox then starts dbus and that works fine. If I now start a screen session in openbox (in urxvt) all works fine too, but if I shutdown openbox and start it again later and reconnect to that earlier started screen session, I can't connect to dbus anymore... I get errors like this (this one comes from opening evince):

** (evince:11706): WARNING **: Service registration failed.

** (evince:11706): WARNING **: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-EbBihearJd: Connection refused
PARSING /usr/share/poppler/nameToUnicode/Thai
PARSING /usr/share/poppler/nameToUnicode/Bulgarian

How can I resolve this?

#2 2007-07-13 21:59:50

akejo

Re: Screen and dbus

Ramses de Norre wrote:

I have a little problem, I use openbox which I start through startx, openbox then starts dbus and that works fine. If I now start a screen session in openbox (in urxvt) all works fine too, but if I shutdown openbox and start it again later and reconnect to that earlier started screen session, I can't connect to dbus anymore... I get errors like this (this one comes from opening evince):

** (evince:11706): WARNING **: Service registration failed.

** (evince:11706): WARNING **: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-EbBihearJd: Connection refused
PARSING /usr/share/poppler/nameToUnicode/Thai
PARSING /usr/share/poppler/nameToUnicode/Bulgarian

How can I resolve this?

Hi. Just a question and perhaps a thread to solve the mystery(Im new in dbus'ing myself)How do you end Openbox? The 'dbus-EbBihearJd' looks like a dynamically created socket bound to the session, and when you end it and then create a new session you're not allowed to connect to sockets who are 'bound' to earlier sessions.

Do X or Openbox complain about something when you either stop the first session, for example it can't remove the sockets associated with that session), or when you start a new Openbox session?

#3 2007-07-13 22:03:16

Ramses de Norre

Re: Screen and dbus

I use the exit function that you can include in your openbox menu with this in menu.xml:

<item label="Exit">
                <action name="Exit" />
        </item>

I'll take a closer look at my X output the next time I shut down openbox and I'll post about it here.

Board footer