You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-14 12:21:25

cronfy

mozillaqs breaks KDE's "Run command" dialog

Hello.

Strange things happen. After an upgrade (pacman -Syu, Arch was about 2 months old) running mozillaqs breaks KDE's "Run command" dialog.

When KDE is just started everything works as usual - Alt-F2 calls "Run command" dialog, it appears and runs commands. But after starting mozillaqs pressing Alt-F2 (or calling "Run command" from the K menu) makes dialog to pop up and immediately close. It does not appear after, neither by pressing Alt-F2, nor by calling it from the menu. It does not begin to work if I kill mozillaqs later.

Ehm.. I have no ideas where to dig. Has anyone meet this problem?

Update: looks like mozillaqs startup affects any application that has icon in the system tray (or, better say, any application that has no tab displayed on the panel), and looks like this problem is not related directly to mozillaqs, probably this is some system tray icons displaying problem.

When I start mozillaqs it launches, but gets no icon at the system tray, it is displayed as whitespace. When I try to maximize window of some application located in the system tray (i.e. Amarok or Kaffeine), mozillaqs' icon appears in the system tray as a little sheet of paper (default icon for application with no it's own one?), and application's window pops up and immediately disappears. After this I have no more chance to maximize the application until I right-click it's system tray icon, choose "Minimize", right-click it again and choose "Maximize".

Last edited by cronfy (2007-07-14 15:59:30)

Board footer