You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-15 08:45:55

Flying Saxman

sim-svn is missing ./configure

Hi!
I already searched the board but I did not find the same error as I am having actually. When I try to build sim-svn via aurbuild it is missing the arch=('i686')-line, so I downloaded the PKGBUILD from aur and added this line. When I run makepkg it quits with

PKGBUILD: line 37: ./configure: No such file or directory
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...

Any idea, why the configure-thing is missing and how I can install sim-svn anyway?

#2 2007-07-16 21:35:31

Lone_Wolf

Re: sim-svn is missing ./configure

It appears the code in the svn repo has changed a lot since that package was made and no longer contains the code for configure.
I've tried to build it with cmake, but that code seems to be meant to be used with kde 4 which is still in alpha state.

However, there's another old sim svn package in the aur and i found there a pkgbuild for 0.9.4rc1 .

I've made a few changes to the pkgbuild so it builds the latest stable version 0.9.4.3 (see below).

As i know almost nothing about sim (my favorite IM is pidgin) i suggest you use it as starting point for a new aur package with you as maintainer.

(I hope you have a fast system, on my aging athlon xp 1800 with 1.5 Gb ram it took about 30 minutes to build)

pkgname=sim
pkgver=0.9.4.3
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="sim instant messanger"
arch=('i686')
url="http://sim-im.berlios.de"
license="gpl"
depends=(libxml2 openssl kdelibs zip qt libxslt glibc)
source=(http://download.berlios.de/sim-im/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.bz2)
md5sums=('4bc30577e619e05252d394d51dc20747')

build() {
cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
make -f admin/Makefile.common
./configure --prefix=/usr
make || return 1
make DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg install
}

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer