You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-25 17:31:18

quayrodent

[SOLVED] Modules not loading - Asterisk

Running kernel 2.6.19-ARCH, and have been playing around with the latest version of Asterisk (1.4.0)

When I compile Asterisk and its requisite package zaptel, it throws the following lines in /etc/modprobe.conf

install pciradio /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install pciradio $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg
install tor2 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install tor2 $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg
install torisa /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install torisa $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg
install wcfxo /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wcfxo $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg
install wct1xxp /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wct1xxp $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg
install wctdm /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wctdm $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg
install wctdm24xxp /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wctdm24xxp $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg
install wcte11xp /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wcte11xp $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg
install wcusb /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wcusb $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg
install ztd-eth /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ztd-eth $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg
install ztd-loc /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ztd-loc $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg
install ztdummy /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ztdummy $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg
install ztdynamic /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ztdynamic $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg
install zttranscode /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install zttranscode $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg
install wct4xxp /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wct4xxp $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg
alias wcfxs wctdm
alias wct2xxp wct4xxp

However, none of these modules are loaded on boot, although they load fine if I manually do a modprobe on them. 

Do I need to load these elsewhere?  In /etc/mkinitcpio.conf, I have FILES="/etc/modprobe.conf" and I have re-generated my image using that.

Thanks for any assistance

Last edited by quayrodent (2007-01-30 15:37:48)

#2 2007-01-25 17:39:41

tom5760
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Modules not loading - Asterisk

Did you try putting them in the MODULES=() line in /etc/rc.conf ?

#3 2007-01-25 18:52:21

quayrodent

No, I have not, but that was going to be next step.  I guess the reason I haven't done so is because I didn't know how to pass along the extra info ($CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg) or whether it was even necessary.

Thanks

#4 2007-01-25 19:48:32

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

quayrodent wrote:

I guess the reason I haven't done so is because I didn't know how to pass along the extra info ($CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg) or whether it was even necessary.

That is almost exactly the purpose of modprobe.conf : setting options to be used when modules are probed.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#5 2007-01-25 20:28:43

quayrodent

Lone_Wolf wrote:
quayrodent wrote:

I guess the reason I haven't done so is because I didn't know how to pass along the extra info ($CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg) or whether it was even necessary.

That is almost exactly the purpose of modprobe.conf : setting options to be used when modules are probed.

Ahhh, I see (I think.)  I need to leave the lines as they are in modprobe.conf, AND add them to the module lines in rc.conf.

Cool, thanks!

#6 2007-07-17 13:04:31

drynish

Is Asterisk working well on ArchLinux?

Board footer