You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-01 12:37:01

Mythoz

gstreamer internet radio problems

Hi,

streaming of internet radio stations has never worked for me with Rhythmbox or Banshee.  Some research showed, that it is a gstreamer problem:

The following command should play the "Radio Pradise" stream (it works in Ubuntu), but results always in an error:

$ gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=http://scfire-nyk0l-1.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1048
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element /playbin0/source: Could not open resource for reading.
Additional debug info:
gstgnomevfssrc.c(863): gst_gnome_vfs_src_start (): /playbin0/source:
Could not open vfs file "http://scfire-nyk0l-1.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1048" for reading: Generic error (2)
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...

Did anybody has the same problem in ArchLinux and know a way to solve it? Thanks in advance...

#2 2007-07-11 17:51:38

Phrodo_00
Website

Re: gstreamer internet radio problems

afaik streaming support needs gstreames0.10-gnomevfs (or something like that), do you have it installed, it work pretty nice here, I can even play windows media radios in rhythmbox and totem (realplayer doesn't work though)

#3 2007-07-11 19:04:11

pelle.k

If you install bmpx, it has this preferences menu that show you what is needed in order to play certain content with gstreamer. That note aside, gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs and gstreamer0.10-neon might be what you are looking for. That is just to access online content though... You need the correct packages for the codec you want to decode as well.

"Your beliefs can be like fences that surround you.
You must first see them or you will not even realize that you are not free, simply because you will not see beyond the fences.
They will represent the boundaries of your experience."

SETH / Jane Roberts

#4 2007-07-17 19:17:38

Mythoz

Phrodo_00 wrote:

afaik streaming support needs gstreames0.10-gnomevfs (or something like that), do you have it installed, it work pretty nice here, I can even play windows media radios in rhythmbox and totem (realplayer doesn't work though)

pelle.k wrote:

If you install bmpx, it has this preferences menu that show you what is needed in order to play certain content with gstreamer. That note aside, gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs and gstreamer0.10-neon might be what you are looking for. That is just to access online content though... You need the correct packages for the codec you want to decode as well.

Of course I have installed gstreames0.10-gnomevfs and gstreamer0.10-neon. The error message I have posted above is produced by the gnomevfs plugin.

But thanks for mentioning bmpx. Seems to be a nice player. A little bit unstable, but nice... smile

Board footer