You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-16 04:31:16

jqbqi

My arch just up and go....

I have a new notebook,when I used the CD to install the Arch,I can't get the shell ,the installation stopped  when it found a usb interface.There was no error messages, and when I put the usb mouse (up?) and (down?),there were some messages on the screem. But the installation just stopped......

I tryed the suse install cd, it worked well..I don't know how can I use my arch still...

#2 2007-07-16 22:36:10

Ramses de Norre

Re: My arch just up and go....

jqbqi wrote:

I have a new notebook,when I used the CD to install the Arch,I can't get the shell ,the installation stopped  when it found a usb interface.There was no error messages, and when I put the usb mouse (up?) and (down?),there were some messages on the screem. But the installation just stopped......

I tryed the suse install cd, it worked well..I don't know how can I use my arch still...

Did you check the install disk for errors? You can check the md5sum after downloading and burning.

#3 2007-07-17 19:10:22

jqbqi

It works with my friend's computer.....That's a Desktop computer.

#4 2007-07-18 17:20:37

Lone_Wolf

Which iso are you using ?

At what stage does it stop ?

Did you get the first screen where it shows boot :  and some text ?

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#5 2007-07-18 21:01:18

jqbqi

Lone_Wolf wrote:

Which iso are you using ?

At what stage does it stop ?

Did you get the first screen where it shows boot :  and some text ?

I tried both of the  base iso and current iso in the 0.8. And I have tried to install Arch use the  win grub with these iso files in a fat32 parttition, it did not work. The install CD works the same result..

I can't get the boot shell....I can't control it at all, It stoped there (Displays something about the USB)

I think the vmlinuz and the initrd in the 0.8 iso can't work well with my note book. I don't know what can I do . I tryed use a Suse vmlinuz, then I could get the boot shell, but when I chose the package, It displayed that I haven't a CD and HDD.:(

Last edited by jqbqi (2007-07-18 21:03:26)

#6 2007-07-20 01:47:41

jqbqi

Now, I know when I add the acpi=off in the boot line. I can get the boot shell. But when I finished install the system , I can't start the Arch. It stoped here :
hdc:max request size: 128KiB
hdc:hdc1 hdc2 hdc3 hdc4

If I add the acpi=off ,the result is the  kernel panic..
What can I do?

Board footer