You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-18 19:46:56

quaaack

Using abs/makepkg to update all custom-built packages

What would be the easiest way to update all custom packages with abs or makepkg?  For example say firefox (which i've used makepkg to make..), if it was updated, would there be a way for it to make a new package automatically when I run abs or something?

Sorry if this is a dumb question hmm I haven't played around with arch enough

Last edited by quaaack (2007-07-18 19:49:52)

#2 2007-07-18 20:46:43

dolby

Re: Using abs/makepkg to update all custom-built packages

edit each pkgbuild to fit the new versions needs manually. i dont think theres an easier way.

edit: if u use the exact same pkgbuild in the abs tree then yes its possible to not have to do this manually, i dont see the point in using the same pkgbuild available in abs if u dont tweak it.

Last edited by dolby (2007-07-18 20:48:18)

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#3 2007-07-18 22:49:46

Misfit138
Misfit Emeritus

Re: Using abs/makepkg to update all custom-built packages

quaaack wrote:

What would be the easiest way to update all custom packages with abs or makepkg?  For example say firefox (which i've used makepkg to make..), if it was updated, would there be a way for it to make a new package automatically when I run abs or something?

Sorry if this is a dumb question hmm I haven't played around with arch enough

When you run

abs

your abs tree is updated. After that, you copy the updated, corresponding PKGBUILD from the tree into your /var/abs/local/packagename directory and rebuild new. smile

Board footer