You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-21 00:47:10

hybrid

virtualbox_bin 1.4.0-2 makepkg gives out warning

Hi, I'm not sure where the right place for my question is, but when I try to build virtualbox_bin 1.4.0-2 from AUR, makepkg gives me the following warnings:
==> Starting build()...
sed: can't read /tmp/virtualbox/pkg/usr/bin/VBoxManage: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /tmp/virtualbox/pkg/usr/bin/VBoxManage: No such file or directory

After that it seems to run through fine, but I don't know what to think of these warnings. I searched the forum and I found one post with a similar problem. There the advice was given to download the package again. I downloaded it multiple times now and I keep getting these warnings.
So anyhow, maybe someone can enlighten me and tell me whether I need to worry about these messages, or not.

#2 2007-07-21 10:42:13

Lone_Wolf

Re: virtualbox_bin 1.4.0-2 makepkg gives out warning

It's an error in the pkgbuild that wasn't noticed by the contributor.

VboxManage is a symbolic link to /opt/VirtualBox-${pkgver}/VBox.sh   .
If you have a previous virtualbox-bin installation, you don't get this error.

sed -i -e 's/sudo \/etc\/init.d\/vboxdrv setup/\/usr\/bin\/vbox_build_module/g' $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/VBoxManage
   sed -i -e 's/sudo \/etc\/init.d\/vboxdrv setup/\/usr\/bin\/vbox_build_module/g' $startdir/pkg/opt/VirtualBox-${pkgver}/VBox.sh
   sed -i -e 's/sudo \/etc\/init.d\/virtualbox restart/modprobe vboxdrv/g' $startdir/pkg/opt/VirtualBox-${pkgver}/VBox.sh
   sed -i -e 's/sudo \/etc\/init.d\/virtualbox restart/modprobe vboxdrv/g' $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/VBoxManage

the 2nd and 3rd sed-line loook like they make exactly the same change as 1 and 4 , except they do it in the correct location.
just comment sed-line 1 and 4 and it should work fine.

NOTE : the space available for /tmp is limited, most people build packages from their homefolder.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2007-07-21 12:14:50

hybrid

Re: virtualbox_bin 1.4.0-2 makepkg gives out warning

Thanks for the answer, if that's the case I'll drop a line on AUR then.

Sidenote: I disagree with the building software from home directory philosophy. I mean, can't get much more temporary than compiling, linking some data and deleting it after it's crammed into a package. So I made my /tmp big enough for most operations these days, it's 15GB. :>

Board footer