You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-21 23:16:19

saciel

[solved] Laptop seems to "hang up" when trying to suspend2

I finally got a new notebook, a Thinkpad X60. Today I tried to switch from vanilla- to suspend2-kernel (the one that I had running on my old notebook as well). When trying to "hibernate", I get output on the console until "Doing atomic copy." Then the laptop seems to hang up and does nothing for ages. But when I change to another console and back, the computer turns off... I don't know why.

Starting the system again results in resuming the image - so it seems it has been correctly writen on my swap-device. But the console I come back to on resuming is unusable! I see the output made by 'hibernate' and a prompt. But I don't get an outpu if I type something. Typing blind, something as 'exit' or 'reset' doesn't work either.

What's wrong there?

Last edited by saciel (2007-07-21 23:31:38)

They say if you reverse play a Windows CD you can hear satanic verses... But wanna know what's even worse? If you forward play it, it's gonna install Windows on your system!

#2 2007-07-21 23:30:49

saciel

Re: [solved] Laptop seems to "hang up" when trying to suspend2

Ok, I got it... same fix as for this problem:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=250074

They say if you reverse play a Windows CD you can hear satanic verses... But wanna know what's even worse? If you forward play it, it's gonna install Windows on your system!

Board footer