You are not logged in.

#1 2004-05-13 15:48:08

johnr

KVM switch and mouse problem

I use a KVM switch (belkin). It not great, but it does the job... usually.

The problem I'm expirencing: when I switch computers, and then switch back to AL w/ Fluxbox the mouse goes crazy. I had this happen with SuSE, but I could clear it by Ctl-Alt-F2, Ctl-Alt-F7 and that would reset it. That doesn't work on AL. What's worse is that the Ctl-Alt-Backspace, and restarting X does not clear it either... I actually have to reboot!?!

I'm guessing there is some process that could be reset and clear this? Someone care to give me the tip?

Thanks, Johnr

#2 2004-05-13 16:05:23

johnr

Re: KVM switch and mouse problem

I have tried using KDE and XFCE4, but it makes no difference in tring to clear the problem.

Could this be something with the way the kernel sees the mouse? PS/2 mouse on 2.6.5 kernel.

#3 2004-05-13 16:24:44

xerxes2
Website

the mouse goes crazy.

This is not good. Look around for dp,he is a biologi student.
Try some cheese maybe to cool him down....

arch + gentoo + initng + python = enlisy

#4 2004-05-13 16:26:48

phunni

Have you tried plugging the KVM switch into an external  power source?  I have the same problem and it's the next thing I'm going to try - as soon as I get around to buying a power adapter!  big_smile

#5 2004-05-13 23:57:04

colnago

I have a 4-port kvm that has a problem like this.  In my case, the wheel screws up if I have it on a windows XP computer and the cursor always drops to the lower left on a mdk9.1 computer.  I have found that the only way to get it to function correctly is to boot each computer with it _not_ being the one active on the kvm.  Then there is no problem after that.  There is a probem if they are all off, as it auto-focuses to the booting one.  It works okay as long as I hot key away sometime between the post and loading the OS.  With xp, it blocks the hotkey when the os starts to load, so I have to reboot again if I am not fast enough.

Board footer