You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-24 15:14:54

dninja
Website

sound track delayed on videos

I've had this problem before, both streamed youtube videos and videos played through mplayer have about a 4 second display on the sound.

I don't know what I did to fix it last time but it has been fine until recently then it started up again.

Some videos are ok, one it definitely delays on is a flv which was converted to avi through ffmpeg so this could be a flash problem if ffmpeg is using a flash library to read the source for conversion.

Does anyone else have this problem?

#2 2007-07-24 17:43:13

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: sound track delayed on videos

dninja wrote:

so this could be a flash problem if ffmpeg is using a flash library to read the source for conversion.

FFMPEG has it's own FLV decoder. There have been off and on problems with FLV A/V sync issues with both FFMPEG and MPlayer for a long time though. If you can point me to a sample file, I'll be glad to test it.

Last edited by skottish (2007-07-24 17:43:36)

#3 2007-07-24 18:00:10

dninja
Website

This is one that doesn't work:

http://digininja.org/cc.flv

Do you remember Captain Caveman?

#4 2007-07-24 18:19:15

skottish
Forum Fellow

Yeah, I loved Captain Caveman. And holy crap... This is one out of sync video!

I think that this file is mangled in the first place. As you probably noticed, FFMPEG is reporting that the frame rate of the container differs from that of the video. You see that kind of thing when you're dealing with interlaced NTSC video: 29.97 fps for the container, 59.94 for the video. But in this case the container is reporting 1000 fps? Also, if you split the file into it's audio and video components, the MP3 section is reporting that it's 1:27:10 long!

Does this file play normally on anything on your box?

#5 2007-07-24 18:36:48

dninja
Website

It didn't work in flash player so I saved it to disk and tried mplayer, again no luck. I wondered if it was a flash thing so converted it to an avi with ffmpeg and it still didn't work.

I tried a few other youtube videos and they were the same but I've just tried a few more and they are ok. Could just have been I picked a few broken vids and having had the problem in the past jumped to the wrong assumption.

I'll keep an eye on it and come back if I can find any pattern.

Looks like I'll need to watch a lot of captain caveman and hong kong phooey videos to test it out!

Board footer