You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-02 21:20:41

Gilneas

[Solved] mousescroll disturbs screen with backtick escape

When I use screen together with an application that uses the mouse, such as vim and elinks, scrolling up doesn't work.

Scroll down does work fine in these applications with screen.
It doesn't work in an aterm with screen, and not in an urxvt with screen. (together with one of these applications)

In just a regular aterm, it works fine. It also works fine in X applications like firefox.
And using just screen without an application that listens for the mouse it will scroll up the window (making the status line disappear) - so that's normal too.

I think it produces some garbage too, but it's different things.

Edit (solution):Please note that using the backtick can cause problems with mouse-scrolling, as the wheel's escape code can have a backtick in it.

Last edited by Gilneas (2007-09-01 09:57:51)

#2 2007-08-04 21:20:20

Gilneas

Re: [Solved] mousescroll disturbs screen with backtick escape

And I'm using bash by the way.

When I try to get the literal code (I think is the term) using CTRL+V in vim, I get different things everything for all the scroll buttons I use. And also for the mouse buttons.

But I did notice that the 3 other scroll buttons generate ^[[M???  (e.g. ^[[M&g: or ^[[M%i: (it changes all the time - really weird)))
and the scroll up only generates ^[[M?

And when I run vim in just an aterm, the scroll up generates the larger code like the others.

Is anyone getting weird behaviour like this as well? Or could anyone say it's working fine for them?

Board footer