You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-06 11:36:00

Newnux

KDEMod File Association Reset

I installed KDEMod yesterday, and I'm really liking it!  Certainly feels more polished than vanilla KDE, and I was looking for something a little less "manual" than my previous fluxbox/ROX setup.

However, I was dirtily messing around with file associations, when I deleted the .desktop files in /opt/kde/share/mimelnk & /applnk.  I stupidly believed I was in ~/.kde/share/, and I'm sudo happy.  Anyway, the best description I could give is that they're very messed up.  Is there any way I can completely reset them, short of reinstalling?

And also, can Konqueror be removed or replaced with Dolphin?  I know that they're seperate in KDE 4, but not with KDEMod.

Thanks.

#2 2007-08-06 12:38:43

pressh
Developer/TU

Re: KDEMod File Association Reset

Newnux wrote:

And also, can Konqueror be removed or replaced with Dolphin?  I know that they're seperate in KDE 4, but not with KDEMod.

Install d3lphin and set the directory file association (from the kde control center: kde components -> file ass. -> inode -> directory -> make sure the first one is: d3lphin %u)

#3 2007-08-06 12:50:05

Emphrygian

I'm afraid I can't be of much help, but if you haven't already, you should check out KDEmod's own forum at http://kdemod.ath.cx/bbs/.

Not that I doubt that people here can help you though.

#4 2007-08-06 12:54:40

hacosta

Newnux wrote:

However, I was dirtily messing around with file associations, when I deleted the .desktop files in /opt/kde/share/mimelnk & /applnk.  I stupidly believed I was in ~/.kde/share/, and I'm sudo happy.  Anyway, the best description I could give is that they're very messed up.  Is there any way I can completely reset them, short of reinstalling?

those are primarily owned by kdelibs  and kdepim.. but i would juust reinstall everything related to kdemod.. pacman -Rsc kdemod && pacman -S kdemod

#5 2007-08-06 13:23:25

Newnux

pressh wrote:
Newnux wrote:

Install d3lphin and set the directory file association (from the kde control center: kde components -> file ass. -> inode -> directory -> make sure the first one is: d3lphin %u)

Looking good!

Emphrygian wrote:

I'm afraid I can't be of much help, but if you haven't already, you should check out KDEmod's own forum at http://kdemod.ath.cx/bbs/.

Not that I doubt that people here can help you though.

I felt it was more of a general KDE problem than a KDEMod one.  Besides, I've always found help here previously smile.

hacosta wrote:
Newnux wrote:

those are primarily owned by kdelibs  and kdepim.. but i would juust reinstall everything related to kdemod.. pacman -Rsc kdemod && pacman -S kdemod

This does indeed sound the best solution, I tend to get in a mess very easily.

Thank you all for replying!

#6 2007-08-06 15:41:41

Emphrygian

Newnux wrote:

I felt it was more of a general KDE problem than a KDEMod one.  Besides, I've always found help here previously smile.

I don't blame you. This community is awesome! I was just suggesting another place to search for an answer if it, for some reason, would not be found here. Seems you already found your answer though wink

Board footer