You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-09 17:11:11

itbhp

Samba and nautilus share

After last upgrade I can't see nothing when i go in Places -> Network, neither Windows Share Directory (probably the name is different but I'm using italian locales).
Samba seems to work because I can get and send files through smbclient but I want to do this with nautilus. Launching nautilus from gnome terminal I have this output:

(nautilus:16613): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
Initializing gnome-mount extension
Initializing nautilus-share extension
Initializing nautilus-open-terminal extension
Nautilus-Audio-Convert-Message: Initializing nautilus-audio-convert extension

(nautilus:16613): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory 16x16/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

(nautilus:16613): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory 22x22/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

(nautilus:16613): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory 24x24/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

(nautilus:16613): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory 32x32/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

(nautilus:16613): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory 48x48/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

(nautilus:16613): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory 64x64/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

(nautilus:16613): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory 72x72/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

(nautilus:16613): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory 96x96/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

Nautilus-Share-Message: REFRESHING SHARES
Nautilus-Share-Message: ------------------------------------------
Nautilus-Share-Message: spawn arg "net"
Nautilus-Share-Message: spawn arg "usershare"
Nautilus-Share-Message: spawn arg "info"
Nautilus-Share-Message: end of spawn args; SPAWNING

Nautilus-Share-Message: returned from spawn: SUCCESS: 
Nautilus-Share-Message: exit code 0
Nautilus-Share-Message: caller wants GKeyFile
Nautilus-Share-Message: success from calling net usershare and parsing its output

(nautilus:16613): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Failed to create service browser: Bad state

(nautilus:16613): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Failed to create service browser: Bad state

(nautilus:16613): gnome-vfs-modules-WARNING **: Failed to create client: Daemon not running

In the last line output says "Daemon not running" but this is not true. If I type pidof smbd or pidof nmbd the output isn't blank. I tried also recompiling samba and gnome-vfs by abs but it doesn't take effect.

I'm using archlinux don't panic, samba version is 3.0.25b-1 and gnome-vfs version is 2.18.1-2.

Have I to notify a bug? Which information should I attach?

p.s.: I saw other topics but they were or too old or not much similar

#2 2007-08-09 22:55:12

pelle.k

Re: Samba and nautilus share

Investigate the log files on your _server_ machine running samba daemon (/var/log/samba/ip_of_your_client.log). You do know that samba daemon does _not_ have to be running on your client machine, i.e. your computer with nautilus browsing samba shares, right? (Just to be sure...)

Also, this _might_ (i am by no means sure) be because samba have gotten new "defaults", from options not set in your smb.conf yet, having to do with access control. Do you supply a username/password with smbclient? I'm not sure how nautilus authenticates itself, but i imagine some kind of guest account, or your username is used without a password.

I myself use "security = share", and force a "group" and "user" (a local user) on the server share stanza. I have no problems with samba and nautilus.

"Your beliefs can be like fences that surround you.
You must first see them or you will not even realize that you are not free, simply because you will not see beyond the fences.
They will represent the boundaries of your experience."

SETH / Jane Roberts

#3 2007-08-10 05:24:33

itbhp

I have both samba server and client on all my lan pc and this because i want that all my pcs share files each other. So the sever have to run on my pc. I use secure = ads and no password encryption allowing guest user as my user account and this smb.conf is the same on all machines.

Before upgrade it just worked either with nautilus. And it continue to work with smblient, a command line tool like ftp,  from my pcs and normally with nautilus from other pcs. From nautilus log I posted, it seems gnome-vfs problem but i don't know how to fix.

I hope this is only temporary. neutral

#4 2007-08-10 07:31:11

Mefju

itbhp wrote:

I use secure = ads and no password encryption allowing guest user as my user account and this smb.conf is the same on all machines.

May I ask why you are using 'security = ads' directive? Is your samba server act as member of Active Directory realm? In my case I have set 'security = user' for authentication with usernames and passwords, and it works wonderfull for a very long time.

Last edited by Mefju (2007-08-10 07:32:49)

#5 2007-08-10 11:31:05

itbhp

I don't know much about samba so a friend send me his configuration, but this configuration works, nautilus smb doesn't work.

Last edited by itbhp (2007-08-11 12:52:33)

#6 2007-08-11 17:14:29

itbhp

I just recompiled gnome-vfs by abs adding in the PKGBUILD the configure option --with-samba=yes (though --enable-samba was also present) and launching nautilus from console as root I have new output:

(nautilus:2851): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
Initializing gnome-mount extension
Initializing nautilus-share extension
Initializing nautilus-open-terminal extension
Nautilus-Audio-Convert-Message: Initializing nautilus-audio-convert extension

(nautilus:2851): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory 16x16/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

(nautilus:2851): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory 22x22/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

(nautilus:2851): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory 24x24/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

(nautilus:2851): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory 32x32/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

(nautilus:2851): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory 48x48/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

(nautilus:2851): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory 64x64/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

(nautilus:2851): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory 72x72/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

(nautilus:2851): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory 96x96/filesystems of theme nuoveXT.2.1 has no size field

Nautilus-Share-Message: REFRESHING SHARES
Nautilus-Share-Message: spawn arg "net"
Nautilus-Share-Message: spawn arg "usershare"
Nautilus-Share-Message: spawn arg "info"
Nautilus-Share-Message: end of spawn args; SPAWNING

Nautilus-Share-Message: returned from spawn: SUCCESS: 
Nautilus-Share-Message: exit code 0
Nautilus-Share-Message: caller wants GKeyFile
Nautilus-Share-Message: success from calling net usershare and parsing its output

(nautilus:2851): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Failed to create service browser: Bad state

(nautilus:2851): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Failed to create service browser: Bad state

(nautilus:2851): gnome-vfs-modules-WARNING **: Failed to create client: Daemon not running

Couldn't get main dbus connection: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Couldn't get main dbus connection: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Can anyone tell me how to fix or what to do to find a solution?

#7 2007-08-24 14:49:28

itbhp

Finally archlinux team solve it. I only upgraded samba and smbclient packages.

Thanks guys. smile

Board footer