You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-07 23:45:02

saciel

problems with (selfcompiled) gnome-applets

I have experienced problems with gnome-applets. Those that come with a basic gnome installation work fine and there is no problem adding them to the panel. However, when I use selfcompiled applets I always get the following error when trying to add them.

The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_HDAPS_STATUSApplet".

(Where OAFIID: is followed by the applets name.)

I tried pkgbuilds from the AUR like 'ontv' and 'gnome-hdaps-applet' and I've tried compile applets manually. Always the same issue. I don't know what's wrong. I've found threads where people get that error message on any applet but I didn't find a solution to my problem, as all my other applets work fine. Any ideas?

They say if you reverse play a Windows CD you can hear satanic verses... But wanna know what's even worse? If you forward play it, it's gonna install Windows on your system!

#2 2007-08-08 04:12:36

CavalierBob

Re: problems with (selfcompiled) gnome-applets

Have you done any Gnome updates since this applet was compiled? I seem to recall having a similar problem with an applet I built and, falling back to the Windows days, did a reboot, rebuilt the applet, and then all was well after I reinstalled the applet.

Not sure if this will help, but it cannot hurt.

Bob

#3 2007-08-10 12:27:26

saciel

Re: problems with (selfcompiled) gnome-applets

They never worked. I compiled and installed them without any updates in between.

They say if you reverse play a Windows CD you can hear satanic verses... But wanna know what's even worse? If you forward play it, it's gonna install Windows on your system!

Board footer