You are not logged in.

#1 2004-05-18 02:09:16

punkrockguy318
Website

SBLive and Recording

I have a sound blaster live card, and I want to record.  What mixer options need to be up?  I have my mic in the black hole in my soundcard.  I can't seem to record with either Audacity or Gnome Meeting.   What mixer options/other things need to be done before I can input voice?

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#2 2004-05-18 07:35:22

robot5x

Re: SBLive and Recording

I use ecasound to record various things - it works very well. Just plug in your mic or whatever you're using to the mic input on your card, use a mixer (aumix for example) to raise the volume on the mic channel and also set it to record. You should be able to hear your mic coming out of your speakers now - after that it's just a case of setting up whatever software you're using to record. I do

ecasound -i /dev/sound/dsp -o new.wav

#3 2004-05-18 11:38:59

punkrockguy318
Website

Hm... i turned everything up, and no results.. Why is there so many options on alsamixer??

I'm using ALSA snd-emu10k1.  Do I need any other modules/module options?

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#4 2004-05-18 15:30:42

freakyc

From what I remember, you shouldn't need any other modules or options.  Unfortunately, I don't have the Audigy card I borrowed anymore, so i might not be too much help.

Are you sure black is the right one?  I think pink is normally mic (or is it green?)  And from the manual I found and some pictures I found online, black doesn't look like the mic input.

Board footer