You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-11 10:23:07

Pilo

I'm having trouble finding twisted-web

I am running x86_64 and trying to install the twisted-web package and I am having some trouble finding it.

I used the package search on the archlinux.org main page and I found a  match, but when I try pacman -Sy twisted-web I get "error: 'twisted-web': not found in sync db".

I noticed that it is supposed to be in the extra repository so I checked my pacman.conf and "Extra" is properly configured (and I have installed packages from it before).

I checked the PKGBUILD that was online and it supports x86_64, I then checked my abs directory to see if the PKGBUILD was there (under my /var/abs/extra/network directory) and I found "twisted" but no "twisted-web".

I also searched AUR for twisted-web and came up with nothing, and I assume this is because it is already in the extra repository.

I am new to Arch and I cannot think of anything else to do.  My only other thought is that the package page says "out-of-date" so maybe it has been removed from the extra repository or something along those lines, but that seems like a strange thing to do.

Anyway I really like arch and I have looked at several PKGBUILD's already so if its just a matter of making a build for a new version that would be no problem for me to do (and submit it to AUR or a maintainer) I just need a little guidance.  Chances are I'm just inexperienced and missing something really obvious.

Thanks for reading
-pilo

#2 2007-08-13 06:29:39

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: I'm having trouble finding twisted-web

The twisted-web package is not available for x86_64, that's why you can't find it. Apparently, the current version doesn't compile for x86_64. Maybe the new version will work.  I'll check it if I have time.  In the future, you can use the package diff list: http://www.archlinux.org/~andyrtr/pkg_diff.html to see the availibility of packages for each architecture.

#3 2007-08-13 23:38:45

Pilo

Thanks thats really helpful, what confused me was that when I searched for twisted-web from the main page then clicked -> view cvs entries -> pkgbuild -> view, the PKGBUILD there had "arch=(i686 x86_64)" so I thought I should be able to install it.

Im realatively experienced at compiling programs and programming myself so I will take a stab at getting it to compile myself and submit a new PKGBUILD if I get it working.

Thanks a lot for your help, im really liking arch.

#4 2007-08-14 02:07:25

Pilo

I updated the PKGBUILD (all it needed was a version number change) and created a bug report with the new PKGBUILD attached http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7812

It works for me on x86-64 but I believe it should work for i686 also.

#5 2007-08-14 04:16:25

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

I just uploaded the package for x86_64.

Board footer