You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-15 00:54:37

mrbug

crazy thunar file associations

My file associations in Thunar all suddenly became "mplayer opens everything," which obviously doesn't work very well. Does anyone know what could have caused this and/or how to fix it?

In other word, is there some magic command like "update-mime-database" that tells it to be sane? In the meantime, I"ll try uninstalling and reinstalling mplayer, just in case it decided that it could open everything (instead of just about everything).

dvdtube - download all uploads from a YouTube user and then optionally create a DVD.
(Regular version AUR link / SVN version AUR link)

#2 2007-08-15 03:33:54

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: crazy thunar file associations

http://thunar.xfce.org/pwiki/documentation/faq

Thunar associates various settings with files/folders, which we call metadata. This metadata for all files is stored in tdb database file, which is called the metafile. The database file is stored in $XDG_CACHE_HOME/Thunar/metafile.tdb and can be examined using the tdbtool, which is part of the Thunar distribution (located in the tdb/ subdirectory).

This happens to be in /home/skottish/.cache/Thunar for me.

#3 2007-08-15 09:16:18

mrbug

Re: crazy thunar file associations

Weird.. I don't seem to have tdbtool (according to locate). I tried to do the backup trick and the associations stayed the same. I have a feeling that this isn't a Thunar problem, but instead is a mime database problem.

dvdtube - download all uploads from a YouTube user and then optionally create a DVD.
(Regular version AUR link / SVN version AUR link)

Board footer