You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-18 22:39:19

Thrillhouse

Where can I get games for tuxnes?

I've installed tuxnes but am not quite sure how to use it or where to get games for it.  Can anybody get me started going in the right direction?  I'd appreciate it.

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

#2 2007-08-18 23:51:02

skymt

Re: Where can I get games for tuxnes?

TuxNES in an emulator for NES games. These games are still under copyright, so it's illegal to distribute copies of them online. If you have an actual NES, you can buy an attachment that allows you to copy the games to a disk that you can use to get them onto your hard drive.

The illegality of distributing NES games doesn't stop some people, so if you're willing to break the law (it's highly unlikely there will be any consequences, game companies generally turn a blind eye), Google will find plenty of sites to help you out.

#3 2007-08-19 00:37:55

Thrillhouse

Thanks.  I figured the antiquity of NES would keep me from any legal issues but I guess those companies still do own the rights to these games.

It took me a while to find a website that had any games but I did find one.  Now my problem is that when I start a game, the window is very small and hard to see.  I tried using the -E option with all different kinds of numbers but they all start the game in the same size window.  Is there any other way of making the game screen bigger?

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

#4 2007-08-19 05:09:48

droog

tuxnes is one of the worst nes emulators, I would use fceu it even has a frontend called gfceu in aur.

#5 2007-08-19 13:00:27

NoOneImportant

gfceu is in the community repo as well

Board footer