You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-20 01:36:09

buttons

Recommend a music manager for my rockbox'd iPod?

For those of you who don't know, a rockbox iPod is basically just a USB Media Player device.  I can (and do) simply copy music from my music folder to my iPod, and everything works just fine.  I can write a script to make an m3u, even.  I'm just...lazy.

The problem arises when you have a very large collection in a lot of folders with nonsensical names, with nonsensical tags, and you can't easily find things to put on your iPod.  Or you want a playlist with a lot of incredibly disparate things.

Amarok, right?  Except, I want something GTK, or terminal.  Amarok is great, but starting 3284 kde processes and taking up 75MB of RAM and generally looking like trash gets to me.  I'm exaggerating.  But not really.  In my pristine xfce desktop, it upsets me.

So is there anything out there?  Exaile looked good, but it only supports writing to USB devices in SVN, and everything was buggy last I tried the SVN branch.  Bonus points if it supports shoutcast, but it's not a deal-breaker.

Thanks in advance big_smile

Cthulhu For President!

#2 2007-08-20 03:44:00

Exclamation

Re: Recommend a music manager for my rockbox'd iPod?

I use mpd+ncmpc. I just use rsync to update my ipod (which is also running rockbox)
This might not be the best option if you need to do a lot of tag editing but it works for me smile

#3 2007-08-20 13:15:10

Snarkout

Re: Recommend a music manager for my rockbox'd iPod?

Banshee or exaile?  TBH, it's been a long time since I've looked at alternatives to amarok.

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
-Albert Einstein

Board footer