You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-02 20:09:43

aarcane
Website

wine-multi -- multiple wine versions side by side

ever updated wine to find that <application X> doesn't work ?  ever noticed how some apps in the wine appdb are PLATINUM with one version of wine and GARBAGE with another?  here's the solution for all you archites.

download this PKGBUILD, and change the pkgversion to whichever wine version you need to install, makepkg, pacman -U wine-multi-<tab> and you're good to go!

just make sure you read the install output

wine-multi.tar.gz

[edit]
Apologies,  it seems my tld domain owner let the domain expire, I have registered a new one, it should work now smile
[/edit]

Last edited by aarcane (2007-08-02 21:14:32)

#2 2007-08-02 22:26:17

test1000

Re: wine-multi -- multiple wine versions side by side

me likey (havent actually tried it yet though...)

KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein

#3 2007-08-03 06:16:02

aarcane
Website

I hope someone will leave some feedback on it, good or bad so I can improve it if needed smile  it's gotten a few dl's already~

#4 2007-08-20 22:56:54

aarcane
Website

hello again everyone, I've been building wine-multi packages for a while, and I figgure since I'm building so many packages, I should host a repo so others can share.  problem is hosting.  if someone can contribute reliable hosting, I'll build every release from 0.9 to current, and keep them up to date as arch updates require

Board footer