You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-26 04:58:36

fivre

Help I broke my Arch install

After my latest update, I can no longer complete the boot cycle. Somewhere (it happens both in Modules and after Daemons) an error pops up repeatedly saying

FATAL: Error inserting snd_pcm (/lib/modules/2.6.22-ARCH/kernel/sound/acore/snd-pcm.ko: Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

Commenting various parts of rc.conf seem to have no effect on this (at least not the second ocurrence, the Modules one can be avoided by commenting Modules,) nor does reverting all updated packages seem to have any effect, Nothing of note in dmesg.

If it's of any importance, I also installed gnomad2 before the error started.

Any idea what the hell happened and how to fix it?

#2 2007-08-26 07:45:39

Leigh

Re: Help I broke my Arch install

I think with unknown symbol errors, it's probably because something was compiled against a different version of the kernel than the one your running.

Did you check to verify that this path exists "/lib/modules/2.6.22-ARCH/kernel/sound/acore/snd-pcm.ko" ?

There was a problem with one of the kernel updates not long ago, where I think the kernel package got corrupted during the upload to the database. Maybe that could be related to your problem? see... http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=36505

if you try googling "FATAL: Error inserting snd_pcm" it pulls up quite a few topics, mostly related to custom kernels. Sorry I couldn't give you a simple solution.

-- archlinux 是一个极好的 linux

Board footer