You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-30 19:34:14

robotangel

Just a small question (can't find an option ;)) - KDEmod

Hello,

it's just a small question, if you don't know the answer, just move along otherwise it would be nice if you could tell me where to find these neat little options. I already posted this at the KDEmod forums but because the question is really so small this double post shouldn't bother. I think I will get an answer here more quickly.

Just a small question (can't find an option wink)
Hi there,

I've got small question about an option I want to find in KControl (Either I'm too stupid or it's just Debian/Ubuntu-spcific, dunno).

Well, I just set up a kdemod installation. Configured Xorg, added a few directories to my path etc. Wow (great default style!) ! Well, I just played around a bit. I moved a window - the content is shown while doing that. Good, just what I wanted.

But when I try to resize it, instead of showing the content of the window, it shows up a little box and the window gets resized after resizing the box to the size KDE should resize the window to (weird sentence lol). I'm sure KDE just does what it was told to but this doesn't look very good... But I couldn't find the option where to change it. In Debian/Ubuntu I could configure it in KControl ("KDE-Leistung", if I remember right but there are much fewer options here. I don't know what the menu point is called in English) or choose a profile when I started KDE after deleting my "$HOME/.kde" directory (good, not the best way to reconfigure KDE if something doesn't fit your needs, but it works wink ).

Neither do I find the menu point where to configure this behavior nor does a little assistant start after logging in when I deleted my .kde-directory (it's a fresh install, so it's not so bad)...

I hope you know what I mean and my English is at least as good enough as you could understand what I meant wink

Best regards
robo

#2 2007-08-30 20:33:38

kishd

Re: Just a small question (can't find an option ;)) - KDEmod

Try kcontrol>>Desktop>>Window Behaviour>>Moving>> select display content in resizing windows

Deselect display window geometry etc.

Last edited by kishd (2007-08-30 20:34:40)

---for there is nothing either good or bad, but only thinking makes it so....
Hamlet, W Shakespeare

#3 2007-08-30 20:57:50

robotangel

Re: Just a small question (can't find an option ;)) - KDEmod

Too easy wink
Thank you... smile

Board footer