You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-02 04:29:15

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Pallavi 0.5 final released

Hey all,

I just released Pallavi 0.5 final, with the new features discussed in the earlier thread on the beta. Since then I have implemented several bugfixes that I uncovered during my daily coding. I personally use it for all my editing. In fact, its gotten to the point where I prefer it over any other editor. This indicates to me that its ready for public consumption. :-) As I mentioned before, this is an important release that I think many people may take interest in. As such, I have also announced it on the widely read python-announce and wxpython-users mailing lists.

I've updated and revised the documentation on the homepage somewhat (http://pallavi.sf.net). The overall view hasn't changed much since the beta, but if you haven't seen them, here's a few screenshots: http://sourceforge.net/project/screensh … _id=167671

For those that haven't heard of it before, Pallavi is an extensible fully customizable text editor written in Python and wxPython. It utilizes a very simple but elegant (I'm an Archer at heart, after all) plugin interface to allow it to be adapted to each user's interest. It can contain all the features you need, but without bloating it up with features you never use. It is configured, extended, and written in Python, with no LISP, vimrc, Beanshell, or XML configuration... anywhere. (Well I suppose technically if you really WANTED beanshell you could hack somethnig together with Jython).

Pallavi is loosely inspired by JEdit (the text editor and message passing design), Litestep (the tiny core with modular features design), Python (the one best way to do it philosophy), and Arch Linux (keep it simple, but make it elegant).

Hope you all enjoy,
Dusty

#2 2007-09-02 06:43:17

STiAT

Re: Pallavi 0.5 final released

Hello,

AUR Package updated.

// STi

Last edited by STiAT (2007-09-02 06:43:40)

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

Board footer