You are not logged in.

#1 2004-05-20 23:49:39

gs

I have been trying to build knights

I have been crashing during make install. The alterations I have made to my makepkg seemed to have helped resolve other issues.

Here is the central part of makepkg and error description.

build() {
        cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
        ./configure
        make LDFLAGS+="-L/opt/qt/lib"
    #return 1
        make LDFLAGS+="-L/opt/qt/lib" prefix=$startdir/pkg/opt/kde install
}

make[1]: Entering directory `/var/abs/local/knights/src/knights-0.6/knights'
source='core.cpp' object='core.o' libtool=no
depfile='.deps/core.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/core.TPo'
depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../admin/depcomp
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/opt/kde/include -I/opt/qt/include -I/usr/X11R6/include   -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -O2 -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new  -c -o core.o `test -f core.cpp || echo './'`core.cpp
cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wmissing-prototypes" is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
core.cpp: In member function `void core::createNewIO(int, int, int, int)':
core.cpp:93: error: ISO C++ forbids cast to non-reference type used as lvalue
core.cpp:117: error: ISO C++ forbids cast to non-reference type used as lvalue
core.cpp:122: error: ISO C++ forbids cast to non-reference type used as lvalue
make[1]: *** [core.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/local/knights/src/knights-0.6/knights'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I insert the i/ ignore option into the make install section it goes the whole way but fails to assemble the main binary file.

My guess is that my problem is to do with the compilers used, but there are warning signs about qt and fakeroot's ability to handle shared libraries.

I have tried inserting a foreign binary (from Mandy 10.0) and it all gets processed by pacman. Calling this binary fails to start the program with a failure by libaudio to access shared libraries.

I am building up my experience at making pkg's but maybe someone could give me a pointer, or two. Thanks in advance.

What the beep was that?

#2 2004-05-21 13:01:39

kpiche
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: I have been trying to build knights

Sounds like GCC - version 3.4 is more strict about what it accepts.  It no longer accepts most casts on the left of an equal (=) such as:

int i;
(char) i = 5;

See http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.4/changes.html .  So for each line it complains about remove the cast.  You can create your own patches or wait for the authors to fix their code.

#3 2004-05-22 11:53:47

gs

Re: I have been trying to build knights

Thanks for your help. I have posted an error report, and am pondering the other options.

What the beep was that?

Board footer