You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-09 00:22:25

heleos

GRUB lag

When I first installed arch, after BIOS did its thing, it used to instantly go to GRUB. Now, it seems like it it's checking for a CD to boot from, even when no CD is present. This probably isn't a problem with GRUB, maybe my BIOS, but this is why it's posted in the newbie forum tongue

#2 2007-09-09 01:30:36

Leigh

Re: GRUB lag

I think it's normal that your system is checking for a bootable cd first, but it shouldn't take very long for it to see there is no bootable cd present.

I think you kind of answered your own question. It doesn't sound like a grub issue. You could boot into your bios settings and change the boot priority so the hard disk is first on the boot priority list, then see if grub pops up faster when booting. if it does, then chances are it's not anything to do with grub. If it doesen't,  then I guess there is a chance your mbr could be slightly corrupted. You could try reinstalling grub to the mbr to see if that makes a difference.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Reinstalling_GRUB

Last edited by Leigh (2007-09-09 01:32:15)

-- archlinux 是一个极好的 linux

#3 2007-09-10 00:46:23

heleos

Re: GRUB lag

I'll try reinstalling the mbr. But like I said, it used to be instant. I don't know if maybe the more and more I add to my PC, the longer it takes to boot up?

Board footer